• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rush Concert in Manchester

Warp Daddy

Super Stoked --- Today Me and the Queen and my "drum monkey " grandboy and his M& D just booked the opening nite of the RUSH Concert for their new album on sept 7 in Manchester .

Me and the family are all huge Rush fans and we we're all together a couple of times a year we jam out on their stuff

me and my son and grandson # 1 all play axes and the 15 yo drum monkey grandson is a huge Neil Peart fan and his dad is a keyboard /axe man so we're pumped. The Monkey is a piece of work and will be fun to watch at this event -- HIS first big concert :D:D

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
that's real cool

I nearly bought tix, but being a weeknight, and $77 a pop....I bought tix for Saturday at the Gathering of the Vibes fest instead, mainly due to Zappa and Primus being there. Of course this now means my "drum monkey" son will end up playing there, I'll get free camping passes, and I'll sell the tix at a loss, just like last year...:smash:

We're going to Alice Cooper/Iron Maiden next month....and I'm psyched. Definitely a show to be in shape for ;-)

Rush is incredible. When my son got his first kit, I bought Pearts DVD on drum solos and said...this is as good as it gets...

Warp Daddy

I nearly bought tix, but being a weeknight, and $77 a pop....I bought tix for Saturday at the Gathering of the Vibes fest instead, mainly due to Zappa and Primus being there. Of course this now means my "drum monkey" son will end up playing there, I'll get free camping passes, and I'll sell the tix at a loss, just like last year...:smash:

We're going to Alice Cooper/Iron Maiden next month....and I'm psyched. Definitely a show to be in shape for ;-)

Rush is incredible. When my son got his first kit, I bought Pearts DVD on drum solos and said...this is as good as it gets...

AWESOME !! should be a great show for u and Da Monkey too !!!!! have phun

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
da monkey

is more like da gorilla :-o

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2172456650094366337XfQHBW

Been fun having a drummer for a kid. He's pretty much out of it now, concentrating on studies and shot put, discus and finding a steady job; but he got to play with a couple of the original Jefferson Airplane members, a well known local Jerry Garcia clone, and got to see what what a bar full of drunks look like at 15 :idea: Played bars, churches, pizza places, fairs, festivals, backyards.....became a connoisseur of burgers and fries ;-)
What Marty Brennan and Thomas Hooker Handley are doing these days...
http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2608897300094366337HlbsYC
Talking to them during the set break, they helped pioneer 60's music in the late 60's, psychedelic...then started going back in time. By the time my kid played with them they were doing '40's swing :-O....man was Aaron lost the first set....
We hit a lot of shows together, mainly Primus and Umphreys McGee (look them up, incredible musicianship).

Neat seeing you have 3 generations hitting a show, and a band that can mesmerize 3 generations.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Super Stoked --- Today Me and the Queen and my "drum monkey " grandboy and his M& D just Obooked the opening nite of the RUSH Concert for their new album on sept 7 in Manchester .

Me and the family are all huge Rush fans and we we're all together a couple of times a year we jam out on their stuff

me and my son and grandson # 1 all play axes and the 15 yo drum monkey grandson is a huge Neil Peart fan and his dad is a keyboard /axe man so we're pumped. The Monkey is a piece of work and will be fun to watch at this event -- HIS first big concert :D:D

Nice enjoy they are awesome band.

Warp Daddy

is more like da gorilla :-o

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2172456650094366337XfQHBW

Been fun having a drummer for a kid. He's pretty much out of it now, concentrating on studies and shot put, discus and finding a steady job; but he got to play with a couple of the original Jefferson Airplane members, a well known local Jerry Garcia clone, and got to see what what a bar full of drunks look like at 15 :idea: Played bars, churches, pizza places, fairs, festivals, backyards.....became a connoisseur of burgers and fries ;-)
What Marty Brennan and Thomas Hooker Handley are doing these days...
http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2608897300094366337HlbsYC
Talking to them during the set break, they helped pioneer 60's music in the late 60's, psychedelic...then started going back in time. By the time my kid played with them they were doing '40's swing :-O....man was Aaron lost the first set....
We hit a lot of shows together, mainly Primus and Umphreys McGee (look them up, incredible musicianship).

Neat seeing you have 3 generations hitting a show, and a band that can mesmerize 3 generations.

Wow Your boy looks like a YOUNG Jason Bonham !!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn!!!

--- kid does well on the set tooo !! Have fun guys Make some joyful noize at the Vibes

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
second thoughts

think I'm going to pick up a pair of tix for Rush...you're talking me into it...and thinking...oct...is a couple months after anything else I'm going to so far....I'd be jonesing for a show about then :lol:

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
ugh

shoulda' bought the ones friday....all that's left is 26th row in the opposite end of the coliseum...:dontknow:
Could have had second row same section friday...guess they're going quick.
Think I'll hope Primus lives up to tradition and plays the Orpheum in Beantown about then. Makes for a nice weekend.....

Warp Daddy

shoulda' bought the ones friday....all that's left is 26th row in the opposite end of the coliseum...:dontknow:
Could have had second row same section friday...guess they're going quick.
Think I'll hope Primus lives up to tradition and plays the Orpheum in Beantown about then. Makes for a nice weekend.....

Yeah i KNEW they were going FAST !! I'm thinking it'll b sold out pretty soon since it only holds 11,770 for concerts . We were lucky, got "D" row seats on one of the sides

Rushski

Psyched. By my username and signature you may've figured I was a bit of a fan...

Cool they're starting the tour in Manch. Close to home, easy parking and some good pre-show bars to hit.

Rushski

Where u been ?? I been waiting 4 U to chime in :D:D:D

Didja get tix?

Oh yeah, got them on the pre-sale but not the greatest of tickets. A section back on one of the lower sides. Not the biggest place, so all will be well. May hit the Boston show as well if I can get some decent tickets on eBay or Craigslist.

Warp Daddy

Also, if anyone doesn't know, they have their new song "Headlong Flight" on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcFGrWjOX0E

Guess the rest of the album will be pretrty hard as well. Which the two previously released tracks Caravan and BU2B are.

I'm thinking there are NO bad seats in that venue !! My daughter has been there for concerts and says there are no obstructions and with Jumbotrons all is well :D:D

witch hobble

I'm a drummer. Went thru a major Peart phase in high school (as all young drummers should). Saw a couple concerts. I think it had the highest male/female ratio of any show I've ever been to. Or maybe anywhere I've ever been to. :p

deadheadskier

Staff member
Rush is definitely c*ck rock for sure. :lol:

Wife and I considered the Verizon show, but the tix are tad too pricey. I'm sure it will be a great show. I find the Verizon in Manchester to have some pretty good acoustics for an arena.