• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

S NH/Central NH Boot fitter Recommendations

Ski_NH

Anyone have any recommendations for a good boot fitter in S NH?

Jeff Bokum at S&W was the only one in the area I knew of and used before but sadly he passed away this summer.

All the threads I could find were older, so I am looking for a bit more updated info.

Thanks

LiquidFeet

Anyone have any recommendations for a good boot fitter in S NH?

Jeff Bokum at S&W was the only one in the area I knew of and used before but sadly he passed away this summer.

All the threads I could find were older, so I am looking for a bit more updated info.

Thanks

This is so sad. He's my bootfitter. Just read the link. I had no idea. So sorry for his family.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I did see some threads on Richelson's but found it strange that they don't stock any boots, they measure your feet then order boots that you never tried on before?

Is this the way they operate?

correct.

I only had work done on pre-existing boots and the results were very good.

My understanding was with new boots, they'd recommend some brands/models that would work well with your foot shape, ability and desired performance. You could then go do 1 of two things. Order one of the pairs through them (not sure what the return policy is) or go out and try on various boots elsewhere, purchase the one you like the best then bring them back to him. Then they'd do the custom fitting / foot beds.

His business extends beyond ski boot fitting. During my appointment, he was also working with someone on fixing their running shoes and another person with their hiking boots.