• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback

dlague

We he is certainly a developer so expect that to be the focus for sure. He also has been finding funds globally (mostly China) for investment opportunities in Australia and Unites States.

Tie to Portland which might have led to SB.

And that’s what we’re also offering in Portland, Maine. There will be up to 300 apartments combined with a convention and entertainment centre, veterans’ administration centre and hospital, retail and commercial space for restaurants, cafés and boutique outlets, all embracing a precinct laneway design that will highlight the waterfront location and the area’s history. It will add to the urban renewal of a prime Casco Bay waterfront site.

Here is an interview with Sebastian in 2016

https://www.theurbandeveloper.com/sebastian-monsour-majella-property/

bdfreetuna

Thank you Majella Group!

Saddleback Mountain Foundation thank you for keeping the flame alive in the minds of many including myself. In some ways I wished you had succeeded but your recent newsletters starting getting wacky with this PEACE initiative.

I am glad someone has procured the mountain so that people may enjoy skiing there again ASAP. Good luck and best wishes to the new investors.

They are replacing not only the Rangely Double with a quad but also the Cupstatic T-bar with a chair lift. Hopefully opening this season and probably so. Further expansion plans may be back in play now that we aren't mainly focusing on making this a nature preserve. Great news for skiers!

Last edited:

Jully

Thank you Majella Group!

Saddleback Mountain Foundation thank you for keeping the flame alive in the minds of many including myself. In some ways I wished you had succeeded but your recent newsletters starting getting wacky with this PEACE initiative.

I am glad someone has procured the mountain so that people may enjoy skiing there again ASAP. Good luck and best wishes to the new investors.

+1 nicely said. Agree with your sentiments about SMF.

thetrailboss

Staff member
All details here. The quad is doubling the capacity from 750 to 1500 skiers/hr

http://www.majellagroup.com/saddlebackmaine/qanda-saddleback-june17.pdf

A thorough and direct response IMHO. Also prudent to not go overboard on the new lift. An HSQ is expensive to build and operate. Doesn't sound like the demand is there. A new fixed grip lift should be fine. Seems like they are being cautious and prudent and in it for the long term. Fingers crossed.

The only criticism I have, again, is for the former owners who engaged in a game of chicken with the State and others with the loyal skiers, riders, and employees as the losers.

bdfreetuna

In addition to another chair lift replacing the Cup T-bar. You could do nice runs off the T-bar, as I know from when the other lifts are closed to wind... I don't think overcrowding or lines were ever this resorts actual problem.

Jully

In addition to another chair lift replacing the Cup T-bar. You could do nice runs off the T-bar, as I know from when the other lifts are closed to wind... I don't think overcrowding or lines were ever this resorts actual problem.

I believe it is a surface lift replacing the t bar

Jully

I agree - I think they are putting in a high speed t-bar. I guess I didn't originally think that when they stated surface lift. Was thinking magic carpet.

Haha, definitely not a magic carpet. I'm not totally versed on what exactly a high speed t-bar is. The press release said a "Higher-speed surface lift" so it is unclear if higher speed = high speed or just newer, because that original t-bar is from the 60s I believe.

Jully

Isn't that what they are installing at Burke?

Not sure if Dopp is doing that install, but Burke is also getting a purported "high speed" t-bar, you're right. I'd call 700 fpm high speed. Not sure if anything runs any faster than that.

SkiFanE

Would this T-bar be to get to expert slopes? They were a mainstay in my youth - but many skiers can't handle a carpet loader onto a chair - going to hilarious to see newbies on T bars. I think it's a great thing - but seems a little too hardcore for your average skier. Although I love how it could sort out the levels of skiers.

dlague

Would this T-bar be to get to expert slopes? They were a mainstay in my youth - but many skiers can't handle a carpet loader onto a chair - going to hilarious to see newbies on T bars. I think it's a great thing - but seems a little too hardcore for your average skier. Although I love how it could sort out the levels of skiers.

The T-Bar is to replace the T-bar that is already there only faster. So is the T-bar for expert terrain - No mostly intermediate terrain. Nothing hardcore about T-bars. T-bars are used by beginners and alll other levels all over the place so I do not see anything funny there. My kids used them at 5 years old. Poma lifts are a different story. Even carpet loaders are not a big deal Okemo has one for their beginner area albeit only on A Lift. I did not see mention of a carpet loader.

saddleback.jpgsaddleback.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not sure if Dopp is doing that install, but Burke is also getting a purported "high speed" t-bar, you're right. I'd call 700 fpm high speed. Not sure if anything runs any faster than that.

I've heard that Leitner-Poma is doing Burke.

xwhaler

Plenty of terrain and glades to challenge advanced skiers by lapping the T bar

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app