• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

scared

Chris I

Fell in the pipe today. Think I tore some stuff in my shoulder. Pink sling and icing right now. No health insurance, just moved to CO.

bummin/hurting pretty bad. Pitty the fool:???:

SKIQUATTRO

Sorry to hear about the shoulder...speedy recovery..

know anyone in canada?? they can get you into a clinic...universal health coverage!

Chris I

Luckily nothing is broken. May have a torn muscle/ligament. No riding for at least 2 weeks. Said I will be sore for months

3hrs in the docters office and an xray: $233

Luckily nothing is broken. May have a torn muscle/ligament. No riding for at least 2 weeks. Said I will be sore for months

3hrs in the docters office and an xray: $233

The same thing happened to me three years ago and I was back on the slopes 3 days later with one pole and my arm in sling.. You got off cheap..and hopefully you got a script of Vicoden..and yes it will be sore for months..It happened to me in February and my upper armshoulder was in pain till June..

Be fortunate that you didn't do anything to your legs..

Chris I

I don't really know what I did, I actually feel some progress this morning. Have been walking my arm up walls, and trying to stretch it out a bit. I think i'll be back in a week or so. No vicoden, didn't want to pay for any. Got some muscle relaxers though, and some ganja, and booze and some other fun stuff to pass the time.

BigJay

I dislocated my shoulder 7 times before i got surgery...

Piece of advice, take it slowly the first couple of days... If you torn something in there, you wnat to let it heal... if you go too fast with stretching, you risk leaving permanent damages... Keep it strapped for at least a couple of days with very little movement. After that, you'll see where your arm can go naturally. Run it up against a wall... see if it streches a lot. If it hurts...

Even tough it's been 2 years since surgery, i feel no pain during exercices and movement. The only pain is when i'm laying straight on my shoulder... But i'm still able to sleep on it...

Take your time. No rush. Better wait it out a couple days...

Oh and one last thing... Last time i dislocated my shoulder while doing some indoor climbing, i was out doing BC turns the next day... After a couple of injuries, everything was so loosy loosy in there that it didn't even hurt...

I'm still scared... but it holds me back from doing anything stupid... I've given up riding the park and pipe... But i can launch myself off of cliffs still...

Hope this helps! Hope you get back on the slopes soon!

Chris I

Thanks for the words Big Jay. I'll do my best to take my time, it will be truly hard seeing as

I'm picking up my Burton Omen 170 split, bindings, crampons, skins, poles, probe, shovel for $650 today. But I will take you're advice, we haven't had snow out here in a week with warm temps, so I can wait another week before doing anything too stupid

BigJay

Thanks for the words Big Jay. I'll do my best to take my time, it will be truly hard seeing as

I'm picking up my Burton Omen 170 split, bindings, crampons, skins, poles, probe, shovel for $650 today. But I will take you're advice, we haven't had snow out here in a week with warm temps, so I can wait another week before doing anything too stupid

Good stuff! I use to have a Cascade 170... Loved it!

I was doing a bit of touring 1 month after surgery... Climbing out of bounds to keep in shape... riding down slowly on the ski trail inbounds just to be safe... Powder in the woods was so tempting... but i'd be screwed if anything happened... Try and explain the insurance company that are paying you for being home...

Take care!