• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Scarpa Maestrale RS

bruno1

Need new boots and looking for a resort/backcountry model,starting reading about the scarpa maestrale rs and was wondering if anyone has them or know about them? They come stock with intuition pro liners which are kickass. Are they good alpine boots as much as they are AT?

bigbog

Didn't try them on (bigger than #25s or #24s) but looked really nice. Should definitely hunt them down....they felt better(stiffness & less weight in hand) than anything I've ever worn. Just today(Sun) saw the Maestrale regular and RS for the first time!!!...light and solid = really looked nice. HA, Scarpa has finally given in to us bigfoots! Their lower portion of the cuff looks nice and narrow too. Was so intent on checking out Allspeed(Portland, ME)'s skis by DPS, Libtech and Blizzard....:spread: I really neglected the boots...will call for sizes and go back though...also the material seemed like it would be easy to work with...unlike the Pebax used by some companies. Worth the trip downstate.
Several skis there will be mine!!!!...along more boot scrutiny...the stiffness and weight really felt great....ah, I think I said that before..;-)
$.01

Last edited:

fbrissette

Need new boots and looking for a resort/backcountry model,starting reading about the scarpa maestrale rs and was wondering if anyone has them or know about them? They come stock with intuition pro liners which are kickass. Are they good alpine boots as much as they are AT?

I have several short backcountry outings on them and 3 or 4 full days of skiing on the RS. They are great touring boots and are really stiff. However I much prefer my traditional ski boots for downhill skiing. I ski with HEAD S13 ski foots (120 flex index). The Scarpas are not nearly as stiff as the S13 but quite close which is pretty amazing since they weight about one half of the Heads. However, they don't go as high on the shin and that is the main reason why I prefer my old boots. The RS require more strength in the thighs and provide a bit less of control. The RS are still pretty good, but the difference is large enough that I end up adjusting the bindings before and after each backcountry outings. I have two pairs of skis, but I like the touring skis better. Need a third pair.