• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Shawnee Peak or Pleasant Mountain? Boyne Wants Your Input

What should the name of the ski area on Pleasant Mountain in Bridgton, Maine be?

• Shawnee Peak

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Pleasant Mountain

Votes: 47 92.2%
  • Other (please elaborate in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

machski

Have to imagine that announcing the move of the old Barker quad is coming soon after enduring something like this.
No way in hell anyone is reusing a Yan-Poma frankenHSQ ever. As to the former Jordan Quad, most of it's base terminal is still sitting in a lot below the current Boots lot out in Jordan collecting rust. If Pleasant gets a used HSQ, it will likely come from Loon yet again if/when North and/or Lincoln are swapped out for bigger chairs. Can't see any other chairs going there in current replacement plans.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I’m pretty sure that the Barker chairs were all sold last summer. As said, the rest of it was scrapped. It was pretty obsolete. There was nothing worth saving.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wish the original chairs stayed, always liked the Yan frame designs (the oval being my favorite). Still about a dozen not picked up sitting in upper south Ridge lot!!
Those would be sweet to get. Pico still has their original chairs.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Agreed, but with Pico still a separate, not 7 day/week operation, I don't see Powder spending the capital to replace them. Now, the village at K breaks ground and they complete the interconnect, well.....
I do have to wonder if POWDR has an exit plan.

Mainer

At what point do u starting asking for some money back on season passes if the main lift isn’t turning soon? Pleasant is worthless if you can’t get to the top. It seems like something is really broke on the triple.

Tin Woodsman

No way in hell anyone is reusing a Yan-Poma frankenHSQ ever. As to the former Jordan Quad, most of it's base terminal is still sitting in a lot below the current Boots lot out in Jordan collecting rust. If Pleasant gets a used HSQ, it will likely come from Loon yet again if/when North and/or Lincoln are swapped out for bigger chairs. Can't see any other chairs going there in current replacement plans.
Meant Jordan, not Barker, but from your response it seems that’s unlikely to be an option either.

Mainer

Rode there yesterday. No news on lift reopenin. Lifty said no triple this weekend but are opening sunny side.

Mainer

2 weeks still no main lift and no word. If you ask anybody there about it, nobody has any idea on a timeframe. Or even if it will happen this year. Can’t get the part, blah blah blah.

• Wow
Reactions: Edd