• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SKI FORUMS ARE BEING HACKED ALL OVER THE NET

Greg

Staff member
mrw said:
Keep your guard up.
Thanks. It's a phpBB vulnerability and we're current so I think we're safe...

First Tracks

Website
www.FirstTracksOnline.com
Greg said:
mrw said:
Keep your guard up.
Thanks. It's a phpBB vulnerability and we're current so I think we're safe...

Dunno how you've managed to keep the guest count down, as the Santy worm almost became a DDOS attack over the holidays for us as infected boards tried to spread to ours at FTO, but whatever you did my hat's off to you.

The exploit for "PHP < v. 4.3.10" vulnerability took us down in the middle of last week twice (we had v. 4.3.8 running), but we were never corrupted by Santy. We lost about 24 hours-worth of postings, but we were only unavailable for a couple of hours total.

You'd think that the little buggers would find something better to do...

Greg

Staff member
First Tracks said:
Dunno how you've managed to keep the guest count down, as the Santy worm almost became a DDOS attack over the holidays for us as infected boards tried to spread to ours at FTO, but whatever you did my hat's off to you.
We weren't immune. Tthe guest posts did increase and the rest of the site really took a performance hit over the weekend, but the forum code is current so no problems there...

ctenidae

All the AOL script-kiddies must be out of school for Christmas break.
With the way the weather's been, may be a group of disgruntled skiiers.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
It searched Google looking for targets. Google shut it down, so now it's using yahoo, aol, and Google Brazil to look for un-upgraded phpbb forums.

-Stephen