• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skiing the Mother Lode

Warp Daddy

headed up to Titus early this am to ski the Mother Lode -- 30 inches blower powski -- i mean friggin deep and light

The drive up was unreal----the closer we got to Chasm Falls the roads were like funnels and the farkin banks were 8 ft high. Roofs were laden with marshmellow frosting and the trees, man the trees were unreal . We pulled into the lot and they were shoveling the lodge roofs

I forgot the damn camera too in my rush and excitement to get there .

We Had 30 runs all over the damn mtn today .It was hip deep in the woods and knee deep where the trails were left ungroomed . The "Red Group Powder Piggies "were flyin today and grins were everywhere . Many Kids blew off school as there were many young guns all over the mtn too.

Damn The mtn will be good till May IF they don't run out of skiers first .

Warp Daddy

Well the morning after follow up report : Lessons learned

1. Always get up early and get there for pow 8's
2.Pack the damn camera nite b4
3. AND most IMPORTANTLY -- Never - i mean NEVER at almost 68 yrs old try smallish Hucks in hip deep off piste areas -- damn i gor me one MOFO of a hurtin back this am

My spirit feels 21 -- but my back this am feels 81 -------------

It'll heal dammit

hammer

Well the morning after follow up report : Lessons learned

1. Always get up early and get there for pow 8's
2.Pack the damn camera nite b4
3. AND most IMPORTANTLY -- Never - i mean NEVER at almost 68 yrs old try smallish Hucks in hip deep off piste areas -- damn i gor me one MOFO of a hurtin back this am

My spirit feels 21 -- but my back this am feels 81 -------------

It'll heal dammit
Good for you...I hope that in 20+ years I'll feel like trying any kind of hucks...

Puck it

Puckster -------------- it was The EXACT site of my Hucking CARNAGE :D-- I'M A HURTIN TURKEY FOR JUMPING OFF THat damn small cliff band -- what a tool i am !! still can't move and Queen is just shaking her head

I was thinking that maybe where it was that you hit yourself.

Warp Daddy

I was thinking that maybe where it was that you hit yourself.

Man you know ALL the little off trail goodies up there huh !! Ever been on the "wild side" of Outer Limits out of bounds -- up top ? Nother good woodsy stash :beer:

Where u skiing this weekend ?

Puck it

Man you know ALL the little off trail goodies up there huh !! Ever been on the "wild side" of Outer Limits out of bounds -- up top ? Nother good woodsy stash :beer:

Where u skiing this weekend ?

My wife and I skied every weekend during graduate with Potsdam High ski club as chaperones. Really only had to unload my buddy's truck of the skis for a free tic. It was also where we formed the H.A.M.S. Club in high school. I have not been there in years but remember Hell's Kitchen well. I do not any of the new runs or glades. Are the ones that you talking about new?

I will be at Sunapee if we all ski or Okemo if it is my son and me. Cannon if all by my lonesome.

Warp Daddy

My wife and I skied every weekend during graduate with Potsdam High ski club as chaperones. Really only had to unload my buddy's truck of the skis for a free tic. It was also where we formed the H.A.M.S. Club in high school. I have not been there in years but remember Hell's Kitchen well. I do not any of the new runs or glades. Are the ones that you talking about new?

I will be at Sunapee if we all ski or Okemo if it is my son and me. Cannon if all by my lonesome.

Awesome deal !!

Yeah well Doc it's sorta MOSTLY ILLEGAL and not on da map :blink: -- strictly an "outlaw hangout " up there .

Happy trails this weekend Doc -- any one of those places is jes FINE !!

Puck it

Awesome deal !!

Yeah well Doc it's sorta MOSTLY ILLEGAL and not on da map :blink: -- strictly an "outlaw hangout " up there .

Happy trails this weekend Doc -- any one of those places is jes FINE !!

BTW. We will be up in Red Mills for the last week of August. My neice is getting married on 8/26. Wedding and reception at the Gran View. Should be a good time. Do you know of anywhere close to the 'Burg that rents jet skis?

Warp Daddy

BTW. We will be up in Red Mills for the last week of August. My neice is getting married on 8/26. Wedding and reception at the Gran View. Should be a good time. Do you know of anywhere close to the 'Burg that rents jet skis?

Sounds like a great time . We had our daughter's wedding ( to a Clarkson Guy :D) at the GV . Louie Williams who owns The Grandview does a great job and is a helluva good skier . He used to go to Tremblant with 30 of us whackjobs each season . I think you'l have a great time and meal and well u KNOW the view

Not sure bout Jetski rentals try Wright's Marina in Motown or perhaps Schermerhorn's in Schermerhorn Landing . I'll ask around but didn't see much on the net just now .

TOO bad you aren't living up here now - damn it would be great to have 'nother "Golden Knight " to ski with up here , my regular buds are all ex SLU pucks -- WE NEED SOME BALANCE :D:D

Puck it

Sounds like a great time . We had our daughter's wedding ( to a Clarkson Guy :D) at the GV . Louie Williams who owns The Grandview does a great job and is a helluva good skier . He used to go to Tremblant with 30 of us whackjobs each season . I think you'l have a great time and meal and well u KNOW the view

Not sure bout Jetski rentals try Wright's Marina in Motown or perhaps Schermerhorn's in Schermerhorn Landing . I'll ask around but didn't see much on the net just now .

TOO bad you aren't living up here now - damn it would be great to have 'nother "Golden Knight " to ski with up here , my regular buds are all ex SLU pucks -- WE NEED SOME BALANCE :D:D

I forgot about Wright's. My sister lives in Motown. The "Country Club" crowd can be trying. My wife's sister is a grad of SLU and my bother's wife also. But he and I are both CU grads, he is a Phd. EE and you know I am a geek. However we both played at hockey there, so not complete geeks. When my son applied we ran out of room for relatives that graduated from Clarkson on the app. He passed on $22k in aid and went to UCONN. My nephew is graduating in May as a CE and working in Rome. There are a lot of CU grads at my company around 10 of us.

Warp Daddy

I forgot about Wright's. My sister lives in Motown. The "Country Club" crowd can be trying. My wife's sister is a grad of SLU and my bother's wife also. But he and I are both CU grads, he is a Phd. EE and you know I am a geek. However we both played at hockey there, so not complete geeks. When my son applied we ran out of room for relatives that graduated from Clarkson on the app. He passed on $22k in aid and went to UCONN. My nephew is graduating in May as a CE and working in Rome. There are a lot of CU grads at my company around 10 of us.

My Kid bro is CU BSCE then IU MBA he's In South Bend retiring this yr , My SIL is BSEE/MSEE CU/WPI lives in 495 land . My SIL and his Bro and sister and HIS BIL all CU too so it runs deep here too.

I did a Masters at SLU so i can UNDERSTAND my ex-puck buddies and rag on 'em too :daffy:

Puck it

This is getting to be a North Country love fest. Love talking with you, Warp. I miss home. You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the "North Country" out of the boy. It is truly a different world up there. Only we know.