• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Slopeside real estate

Morwax

Ive always wanted to put my skis on in the living room and go. Anyone know of any reasonable slopeside real estate (condos) for sale?

wa-loaf

You can get a studio/1 br at Sugarloaf for under $100k.

Morwax

I was looking at Sugarloaf.. are those quarter shares for under 100K, thats all I saw in that price range? Would you have a link?
Thanks

Morwax

Attitash Grand Summit has cheap quarter shares but fees are high.
Looked at a couple units at attitash.. just not that crazy about the mountain. We thought fees were high as well. Im hoping to maybe find a deal during off season, rates are still low. Burke has some reasonable condos but im leary if the ski operation will survive.

wa-loaf

wa-loaf

Is that a condo or a hotel room for sale? It doesn't say anything about a kitchen.

You don't need a kitchen when you are in the same building as the Shipyard Brewery ... ;-)

Probably not what he is looking for though.

Vortex

drjeff

This one fits the bill for us.
http://www.sundayriverliving.com/listing.asp?listingID=462
Something about booting up in the living room and just walking outside and putting the skis on.
The 231 square foot hotel rooms would not interest me as I couldnt see spending more than a few days in one.

The only thing that most folks don't realize about booting up, and then de-booting in the living room, is that especially during the fringe season, you end up with ALOT of dirt and junk on the bottom of your boots that inevitably lead to a big mess that needs to be cleaned up around the door :eek: Then magnify the mess if you have kids doing the same thing ;)

My wife and have a line of cheap runner rugs that we end up replacing about once a year that go from our door to where our boot dryer racks are. And the amount of dirt that those thing collect all season long (even with a pass with the vaccum weekly) is astounding! :eek:

wa-loaf

This one fits the bill for us.
http://www.sundayriverliving.com/listing.asp?listingID=462
Something about booting up in the living room and just walking outside and putting the skis on.
The 231 square foot hotel rooms would not interest me as I couldnt see spending more than a few days in one.

That looks pretty sweet. I had seen some things like that at the Loaf a few months ago, but they seem to be gone now.

Vortex

The only thing that most folks don't realize about booting up, and then de-booting in the living room, is that especially during the fringe season, you end up with ALOT of dirt and junk on the bottom of your boots that inevitably lead to a big mess that needs to be cleaned up around the door :eek: Then magnify the mess if you have kids doing the same thing ;)

My wife and have a line of cheap runner rugs that we end up replacing about once a year that go from our door to where our boot dryer racks are. And the amount of dirt that those thing collect all season long (even with a pass with the vaccum weekly) is astounding! :eek:

I have a vaccum.:razz: I would prefer to vaccum that trudge to the locker.