• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

deadheadskier

Staff member
That was me yesterday at Wildcat. That mountain cannot handle crowds like the River. Lines weren’t an issue but trails there are narrow so it doesn’t take a ton of people to make it dangerous.

Thursday at Sunday River was a blast.
I disagree. It's a busy Saturday by Cat standards, but plenty of elbow room on the trails today. I find the length of the trails spreads people out as long as the mountain is mostly open. Sunday River on a busy Saturday feels much crazier to me. Some of that has to do with clientele. By and large Wildcat draws more advanced skiers. Far fewer out of control teenagers bombing trails during their one ski vacation of the year.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

kingslug

Drinking some Heady. Front 4 runs closed..wind must have blasted them..just bought 2 tix to mt snow..sux when i have the epic but have ti blow 175 for other tix.

rocks860

Magic is fantastic today
99c6db8d87e65d947201d8ea511fbb6c.jpg
58699c3da548f0efc4f3c57caa6de190.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjeff

Magic is fantastic today
99c6db8d87e65d947201d8ea511fbb6c.jpg
58699c3da548f0efc4f3c57caa6de190.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bromley is great too today!! Hearing reports of MEGA crowds at Mount Snow today from some of my regular crew who's at my home hill today...

Bromley is crowded by their standards, but nothing more than a 5 minute wait for the Sun Mtn Express

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

abc

Okemo was fantastic today!

(Crowd weren’t too bad either, the longest wait was only 5 minuets, granted using the single’s line)

They did a good job on the groomers. Soft and smooth with a couple inches of “hero powder” on top. Just perfect!

They were also considered enough to leave quite a lot of runs ungroomed. Giant soft pillows of snows (otherwise known as moguls) to play around too!

I found some woods with sufficient pitch and widely spaced trees. Not many people bother to enter the glades to track it out at all. Powder everywhere even late in the day!!!

Definitely one of my top 10 day in the east!

(just to prove it, I skied bell to bell without breaking for lunch! — partly because the skiing was that good, but also because the powder were so light my legs weren’t even tired at all)

Last edited:

Smellytele

Drinking some Heady. Front 4 runs closed..wind must have blasted them..just bought 2 tix to mt snow..sux when i have the epic but have ti blow 175 for other tix.

National was open today. Goat was closed and parts of Starr. Started to snow around noon and it was still snowing at 6 when we started to drive home. The woods were skiing pretty - lookout glades and Nosedive glades were fun

kingslug

Lasted from 730 till 1..then a freezing mist and fog took over and it got a bit scary..ski patrol got busy then..everything was moguls and crap visibility.

BenedictGomez

Conditions at Magic were fantastic both days this weekend. Not a fan of 20+ minute liftlines though, so I'm not sure I'd go there again for a Southern Vermont mega-dump, maybe I'll try someplace smaller like Bromley. Today was absolutely fantastic though, with more tolerable waits of < 10 minutes, and near ski-on after lunch. Moguls were plentiful, and my legs will be feeling it tomorrow.

SnowRock

Conditions at Magic were fantastic both days this weekend. Not a fan of 20+ minute liftlines though, so I'm not sure I'd go there again for a Southern Vermont mega-dump, maybe I'll try someplace smaller like Bromley. Today was absolutely fantastic though, with more tolerable waits of < 10 minutes, and near ski-on after lunch. Moguls were plentiful, and my legs will be feeling it tomorrow.

Ended up there Saturday and then did Stratton sunday. Agree that Saturday lines were a bit tough... but its always nice to be basically alone on the down most of the time. Plenty of leftovers to be found in the woods. Only my second time at Magic, both have been fantastic in terms of conditions and I love the terrain.

I am sure this weekend was pretty hectic in most of southern vt. Stratton was in nice shape sunday as well and got real quiet around 11.

bdfreetuna

I hear you on the Magic weekend/pow day lines. But with just the Red open, Thursday was actually not a bad wait. Maybe 7 minutes average, never more than 11. It seemed long but moved fast.

That said I do avoid Magic on busy times normally just due to capacity -- but go there on a non-POW-day Thurs or Friday, you'll have the place to yourself.

Last edited: