• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

BenedictGomez

What does that mean for possible precipitation?

Good things. It was the only model too far south for ski country.

We are hosting an exchange student from Germany for a week and a half.......he's been shocked to see how many pickups and SUVs are on the road here.

Teach him how to convert gallons to liters and he wont be shocked once he visits a gas station.

Jcb890

Good things. It was the only model too far south for ski country.

Teach him how to convert gallons to liters and he wont be shocked once he visits a gas station.
What kind of predictions are we talking about here? 2-4"? 2-4'?

Also, if he's close enough to skiing in Germany, Italy, etc., he won't be moving to VT any time soon. But, whatevs.

bdfreetuna

Looks more or less on the scale of the one we just got and similarly a good hit for much of ski country-- according to early GFS anyway

With another one on it's tail. Looking like a March for the books.

VTKilarney

Also, if he's close enough to skiing in Germany, Italy, etc., he won't be moving to VT any time soon. But, whatevs.

He is from Hamburg, which is about as far away from skiing as you can get and still be in Germany.

Jcb890

Looks more or less on the scale of the one we just got and similarly a good hit for much of ski country-- according to early GFS anyway

With another one on it's tail. Looking like a March for the books.

Too early. Snow map outputs are not very reliable 6 days out. The important thing is the storm is still "there" today.
Yeah, I hear ya. Just was curious what kind of predictions were out there. Either way, great news for our season!

He is from Hamburg, which is about as far away from skiing as you can get and still be in Germany.
Ah, well in that case, maybe there's a chance. :lol:

Smellytele

I didn't know that until my cousin had one recently, but apparently so.
Either way, if I wasn't going to be there, I'd have to help set up and get the house ready still then help clean up after.

next thing you know they will want you in the delivery room when they give birth. :)

BenedictGomez

It doesnt matter WHEN I check the radar, it seems to always be full with snow. I dont recall ever seeing a stretch like this before.

Saturday is going to be fantastic.

It's Not Ending.jpg

kingslug

Holy crap..what a dilemma..its going to be 20 below zero windchills up north..maybe worse..not fun..could go lower but then need lift tix..hotel..oy..

Cornhead

Greek didn't suck last night, about 10" on the ground at close. Patrol didn't rope the unlit trails until 6:30, kudos.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

Holy crap..what a dilemma..its going to be 20 below zero windchills up north..maybe worse..not fun..could go lower but then need lift tix..hotel..oy..

Pretty incredible that it wasn't that many days ago that the models were showing a "warmup" this weekend with temps above freezing. For all this fresh snow, I'll suck it up with the cold temps. Just need to spend more time in the trees to shelter yourself from the wind :snow: