• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

drjeff

All the new snow is going to stay dry and fluffy with that forecast!! Not always easy to do this time of year!

BenedictGomez

Be funny if i dont want to go to utah in april because its better here..

I recently made that decision for Easter week, we're staying here.

I could spend a few thousand to go someplace heavily hit by snow like Big Sky, but at this point, this looks like it could be the best east coast spring skiing in........ who even knows how many years....... so I'd rather save the money and not miss it.

kingslug

Already paid for. We where able to push our December trip. Snowbird let us due to the crap conditions. Its only a long weekend..hopefully a good one.

Glenn

Already paid for. We where able to push our December trip. Snowbird let us due to the crap conditions. Its only a long weekend..hopefully a good one.

I have to smile at this. How often do we get to say we may be better off skiing in New England than out West?

KustyTheKlown

buddy at steamboat right now who lives in Denver is looking at flights to Burlington to join us this weekend. lol

cdskier

I have to smile at this. How often do we get to say we may be better off skiing in New England than out West?

Wasn't it just earlier this year that some people on this board were trying to make the argument that even a "bad" day out west was better than a "good" day in the east? :lol:

kingslug

I saw this once before years ago when i met several people from alta at the top of the gondi at stowe..heard some of the jh ski patrol flew in as well..chin clip was knee deep

tumbler

I saw this once before years ago when i met several people from alta at the top of the gondi at stowe..heard some of the jh ski patrol flew in as well..chin clip was knee deep

I think winter of '15 when we had the parade of Nor'easters in Jan/Feb people were flying east to ski.

Jcb890

Wasn't it just earlier this year that some people on this board were trying to make the argument that even a "bad" day out west was better than a "good" day in the east? :lol:
That was me... or at least one of those people was me.

Suffice to say that last Thursday the 8th was the deepest and most fun I've ever had in the East or West (though I don't have many trips or days out West either). I really do appreciate Mother Nature making me eat my own words! :D

VTKilarney

How are the models looking for next week? I know it's a long way out, but are they still showing some promise?

BenedictGomez

About 3 or 4 years ago I was skiing in late March or early April at Smuggs after about a 3 foot dump, and I met a family from Colorado who came here because apparently their season end was terrible. That's a dedicated ski family right there.

kingslug

The 7 footer at Hunter was the biggest snowfall i have ever skied east or west..heavy and wet..it was murder. 3 and 4 footers at alta bird used to be common years ago..too bad i wasnt very good at it then.