• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowboard boots-help!!'

SunshineSnowdream

Hello all,

I recently bought a pair on nike zoom force 1 boots. They are actually the second pair- the first one was a size too small. Now here's what I need advice... They fit, my ties barley touch the toe cap and my heels done come up. What I'm worried about is that they are quit snug and after a while my feet start to get most numb feeling. I think it's because nike boots are more narrow than others and I kinda have wide feet. Can anyone give me some advice and return them or just wait it out and see if they loosen up. I'll be at re sugarloaf trip and wanted to use them but I'm afraid. I have till the 14th to return them. If like to keep them but not sure if I should, any advice for affordable, durable womens snowboard boots would be greatly appreciated. Ok! Well thanks for reading and any insight!

Yaya.

SunshineSnowdream

Yea... I figured as much. I think it's bc I have wide feet. Reviews say these certain boots are going to feel pretty snug. I was hoping that they might break in and fit perfect after actually wearing them... Any suggestions for good pair? Thanks for te reply!

Yaya.

C-Rex

Snowboard boots will pack out after some time wearing them, and get a little looser. Have you tried loosening the laces a bit and walking around in them for a while? Do your feet still go numb? If not, does your heel lift? You could go a half size bigger. It's ok if you have some toe room as long as your heel doesn't lift.

You can try heating up the liners with a hair dryer and then putting them on and walking around for a while. That will help mold them faster then just wearing them.

If that doesn't work, go to a shop with a good selection, like Cutting Edge in Berlin and try on EVERYTHING. Give each boot some time on your feet and pay attention for pressure points. I know you want your gear too look good, but you'll be much happier riding if you get the boot that fits best, and worry about looks last. With your pants over them, you won't see them much anyway. Also try boots with dual, or triple zone lacing. They cost a bit more but you get way more adjustment in the fit.

SunshineSnowdream

Thanks so much! I'm gunna try to see if they will loosen up. They fit good just after a while feel really tight. I'll try the hair dyer idea and see.

planb420

Could be one of 3 things: 1. Are your binding straps too tight? 2. Are you lacing them up far too tight?...if no to both of those 3. Wait for them to pack out and you should be good

wakenbacon

I went into a shop this summer and asked to see a size 10 boot of the same model ive had for a few years. After a lot of convincing, I let the shop guy measure my foot. He sold me some very tight fitting 9.5's. Took about 10 early season / shorter days to break in. I was very close to buying new boots, never took this long to break in before Very happy with them now. I feel more connected to the board. Long story short, unless they are painfull, they will pack downn, just got ride 'em!

C-Rex

Burton Hail's FTW in my book, been riding them for years now!

Loved my Hails! Had them for 4 years until one of the internal lacing eyelets let loose last weekend. I just got my tax return so I said F-it and got a new pair of Vans Auras with the dual zone BOA system. I was skeptical because I had heard about so many problems with the BOA a while back, but I guess they've worked out the bugs. They feel great and I got the guy to take $50 off them.