• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Son Got Stationed at Fort Carson , CO

jimk

I rented a condo for the month of Mar 2015 in Silverthorne and had a great time. Found it on VRBO, cost $3500 total, which ain't chicken feed, but it was really a townhouse with two nice bedrooms and a garage. It had it's own BBQ gas grill, several decks including nice views, and private outdoor hot tub, which I used a lot and didn't need to seek hot springs. If all else fails you always got the Loveland fourpacks, but I don't know when they stop selling those. Here is a report I wrote with photos and some details on restaurants I ate at in the Summit County area: http://www.epicski.com/a/2015-geezer-ski-bum-tour-epicski-5

jimmywilson69

$3500 for the month of March equates to the ~$113/day. That's pretty good for lodging in prime ski season.

the last 2 times I've been to Colorado we stayed in Silverthorne, My buddies friend lives there, and also did VRBO. lots of affordable lodging. Its no more than 45 minutes to Loveland, A-Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper, and Vail.

dlague

So everything is booked! We bought the Gem Card which gives us 8 2 for 1's. We plan on using the Loveland, A Basin and possibly Cooper 2 fers. We went through the workforce website to get $60 Copper tickets and $94 Snowmass tickets. We scored big on flights for 3 of us by waiting $722 total round trip. Used Airbnb and got a condo in Dillon for $822 for the week. My wife also used reward points for a rental SUV and a night in Boston for free. We fly out at 6:30 am.

Our son has A season pass for Keystone and A Basin and is picking up discounted tickets for the other places. Our son in California is joining us too. All is good.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

Cannonball

So everything is booked! We bought the Gem Card which gives us 8 2 for 1's. We plan on using the Loveland, A Basin and possibly Cooper 2 fers. We went through the workforce website to get $60 Copper tickets and $94 Snowmass tickets. We scored big on flights for 3 of us by waiting $722 total round trip. Used Airbnb and got a condo in Silverthorne for $822 for the week. My wife also used reward points for a rental SUV and a night in Boston for free. We fly out at 6:30 am.

Our son has A season pass for Keystone and A Basin and is picking up discounted tickets for the other places. Our son in California is joining us too. All is good.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

When are you going? We'll be at copper all next week. Flying out there on Saturday.

dlague

I'll be out there 3/5-9

Looks to snow the entire week before you get there so it should be sweet conditions for you. In my case, it is going to be warm the entire week before I get there and who knows what conditions will be. I am bringing the east to CO.