• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Spider eats bird

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
We were on vacation last summer on Hunting Island in South Carolina. Plenty of places to ride you mountain bike, and one time riding through the 'jungle' near the beach I rode right through a spiders web, the web had a bit more strength than webs up here. I could feel it across my face, in my mouth, stuck on my eyelash, but I didn't stop just kept riding back to the campsite. Once I stop I see this spider coming under the visor of my helmet and walking toward my face........ not that it was the size of the bird eating spider, but, it was about three inches long, freaked me out! Only rode on the beach after that!

FRITOLAYGUY

one of the reasons i like the mountains in winter. there are no creepy crawlies like that. where ever its warm and humid there are creepy crawlies that can kill you. al least i know what im up against in the mountains.

and there are plenty of em down here, walk near any lake with trees around it and u better have a walker stick 5feet in front of your head, ive seen some banana spiders down here as big as my hand

ComeBackMudPuddles

and there are plenty of em down here, walk near any lake with trees around it and u better have a walker stick 5feet in front of your head, ive seen some banana spiders down here as big as my hand

that + no snow = why i could never live in florida....

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
::shudder::

I HATE spiders.

And the cold doesn't keep killers away... Found a Black Widow crawling up the side of our son's co-sleeper last fall. Didn't sleep all night after that.

ComeBackMudPuddles

And the cold doesn't keep killers away... Found a Black Widow crawling up the side of our son's co-sleeper last fall. Didn't sleep all night after that.

Thank you very much. I can now cross CT off my "potential places to live" list.

wa-loaf

::shudder::

I HATE spiders.

They just move into your nice warm house . . .

ctenidae

That's the problem with nature- there's always something waiting to bight you, sting you, or ooze slime on you.