• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe 3/1/04

tree_skier

I used my skichevyeast lift tickets for stowe yesterday and took the family for a trip. The weather was fabulous although a little hot, it warmed to the upper 50's with blue skys. we started at the mid mountain lodge and skied Perry Merrill, gondolier and chin clip then headed over to the four runner quad and skied hayride which my wife was a little nervous following us as you can't see very far down the trail, it was half groomed so she liked it. We also skied liftline, national, nosedive, lord, standard, Hacketts highway (a few bones), gulch, the woods below the sugar shack and off of nosedive. and with just my son Starr, Goat and some hobbit trails of off the gondola

We skied until 1:30 and stopped for lunch and then we left the wife and daughter and skied untill 3:30.

The snow started out fantastic but turned mushy in the open by about 11. Starr which we skied about 12 had the best snow except for about 10 yards close to the top which had no snow (shot through the woods) and goat was also fantastic.

All in all a great day