• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe - 3/2/08

kcyanks1

Conditions: Woods: Tracked powder where I went; perhaps untracked in other places; trails: Loose snow; steeper parts and parts near the tops of the lifts were windblown and icy; some hard areas between soft moguls. Probably a little better overall than Sugarbush, but both were very good so it's tough to tell.

Skied with some people who knew the mountain pretty well. After one run up the quad on Bypass and Nosedive woods, spent most of the morning in some woods to skier's left of Chin Clip and skiers right of the Gondola trails. Then headed back over to the Quad and did Goat woods and Lookout woods. Upper Upper Liftline and National were nice (the rarely open parts), but the normal tops looked quite icy and unappealing. The very top of Goat was closed. Cut in from Liftline and headed straight for the woods after hitting some ice ... supposedly it did get better a little further down, though.

Another fun day. There is a TON of snow there. The base is huge. Pictures might follow. I didn't take any, but maybe I'll get permission from one of my skiing partners to post some of his.

Nice TR..you hit alot of good spots..skiers left of Chin Clip is great..and Lookout/Lookout woods is alot of fun..and only a minute or two from the top of the quad.. I can't wait to spend a week in Stowe in early April..

kcyanks1

Nice TR..you hit alot of good spots..skiers left of Chin Clip is great..and Lookout/Lookout woods is alot of fun..and only a minute or two from the top of the quad.. I can't wait to spend a week in Stowe in early April..

Thanks.. Hopefully I'll make it up there again in April too. Going to have to take the next couple weekends off, but no complaints, since I'm heading to Jackson Hole for a week later this month :)