• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Front 4 - Outside Channel vid

Cornhead

Love the vid but its really only about Liftline. (a great trail). Wish Stowe tickets weren't so expen$ive.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Join a ski club, you can ski two days at Stowe for $69 on their Ski Council Appreciation Days, they have a few. You can join the Triple Cities Ski club for $10. This is what I plan on doing this year. Stowe's astronomical window rates have kept me away for years too.

Huck_It_Baby

Join a ski club, you can ski two days at Stowe for $69 on their Ski Council Appreciation Days, they have a few. You can join the Triple Cities Ski club for $10. This is what I plan on doing this year. Stowe's astronomical window rates have kept me away for years too.

I skied Stowe this past Saturday and Sunday for $46 dollars each day with the VT Travelers Club Card. Hard to be a $46 dollar powder day at Stowe.

SnowRock

I skied Stowe this past Saturday and Sunday for $46 dollars each day with the VT Travelers Club Card. Hard to be a $46 dollar powder day at Stowe.

I just ordered that card.. going to be up post new years for a few days and usually get at least 2 more trips in. It will pay for itself and save me 24 beans with my first 3 day purchase. One more 3 day trip and its like 68 bucks a day to ride stowe. While maybe not "cheap" ... well worth it for that mountain IMO. 10% off food at OGrady's in Stowe as well who has solid grub and usually Heady

Cornhead

How about 4 ft at Snow Ridge for $15?;) I'd have gladly paid the extra $31 to be at Stowe with that much snow.

Huck_It_Baby

I just ordered that card.. going to be up post new years for a few days and usually get at least 2 more trips in. It will pay for itself and save me 24 beans with my first 3 day purchase. One more 3 day trip and its like 68 bucks a day to ride stowe. While maybe not "cheap" ... well worth it for that mountain IMO. 10% off food at OGrady's in Stowe as well who has solid grub and usually Heady

All the people working the ticket window always comment how good the deal is when I use the card at various mtns. I think it was $42 at Jay with the card last season.

How about 4 ft at Snow Ridge for $15?;) I'd have gladly paid the extra $31 to be at Stowe with that much snow.

I saw your TR! Unreal...deeper than I have skied there before.

RISkier

We skied Stowe for $46 this weekend too. We've found the VT Travelers Club to be a very good deal. I know other many of the clubs get similar deals. I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Stowe. Great mountain and town but they are pricing themselves out of the "everypersons" market unless you can find deals. Lesson prices are way higher than any where else I know of in the East. We've skied quite a bit with a particular instructor at Stowe. This is a person we've taken from whom we've taken numerous lessons, shared many many beers, and with whom we've even travelled. We can't really afford to do a private lesson with him anymore. He's told us stories about entire families that will hire individual private instructors for all day for each individual in the family. They're catering to the "I have so much money I couldn't possibly figure out a way to spend it" crowd. But there are lots of locals and deals to be found.

Cornhead

All the people working the ticket window always comment how good the deal is when I use the card at various mtns. I think it was $42 at Jay with the card last season.

I saw your TR! Unreal...deeper than I have skied there before.
I'm going back tomorrow, 5-9" LES tonight, last hoorah before the monsoon hits. Skied Greek last night, it was phenomenal for late Fall. They got a foot Saturday night, about 4" during the day yesterday. Keep 2/5, 2/6 in mind for a Stowe rendezvous. If the stars, and clouds, align, I'd love a side country tour.

canobie#1

A little bit on liftline don't ya think.

I enjoy lift line but I would take Starr, Lookout and Goat before it.

dlague

Liked the vid! We will be going there for the first time this year! Technically. I was there in the early 80's but don't remember a thing! Using the Ski Vermont 3 pass so slightly less then $42.