• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stupid Things Dogs Do

I always get a kick out of when my sisters dog rubs her ass along the ground...I'd do the same thing I I didn't have TP for my bunghole..

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
I remember my friends yellow lab, poor thing couldn't poop for a day or so, it looked sick no energy, etc. So my friend got nervous brough him to the vet, vet said not to worry take him home. This went on for another day or two, nothing changed, brought him to the animal hospital. After an X-Ray, what was plugging the pooch? A peach pit! $5K and surgery later the dog was home........... and within 24 hours was trying to get to the peaches again!

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Dogs like smelly things. The stinker, more rotten, more repulsive the better. They put their nose and mouth into ANYTHING. That's why I don't like it when they try to lick you.:puke:

That's why my dog eats man poo like chocolate bars. Gross.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My old lab Samson was a tad on the dumb side as well. He got into it with a Porcupine FIVE times in six weeks and I mean bad, face FULL of quills, bleeding everywhere, but appeared no worse for the where until you tried to take one out. Two of the events happened with 18 hours.

I asked the Vet if he gave bulk discounts on quill removals. He said, he'd give the sixth one for free, but I moved out of state before I could take him up on it.

kid3

Our precious little cocker-poodle ate another sock last night. Wouldn't ordinarily be newsworthy except that the sock was as long as she is, stem to stern. She then walks around thrusting as if she's going to mess all over the house.

My wife says late at night, before she shuts off the tele, the dog eventually upchucks it like clockwork. Me? I go to bed, I have no use for that sort of entertainment. I think my wife thinks she needs to be there for the dog. I have a different attitude: stupid is as stupid does. And the dog never learns. The dog has done this about a half dozen times.

Two weeks ago my friend brought her Doberman to the vet as she was acting funny. Vet took pics and told friend dog had gas. He showed her the gas bubbles in stomach (huh). Gave her some gas drops and away they go. Drops work for a few days and back they go as dog is not acting right. More xrays and vet says "yep, gas". More drops, dog gets really sick on Friday night. Vet does not do emergency visits, they drive a couple of hours to emergency vet. He does xrays, determines the dog has a blockage in her intestines and does emergency surgery to remorve a dish towel dog has ingested. She gets a call at 6 in the morning and the emergency vet closes at 8 a.m. and she needs to come back and pick up critical dog with a 50/50 chance of making it. Took dog to her daytime vet, he can't take care of the dog as there is nobody there after 5. Told her to take dog to my vet(never heard good things about hers). Call came in Sunday morning. Dog did not make it. $2200 later. FYI

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Two weeks ago my friend brought her Doberman to the vet as she was acting funny. Vet took pics and told friend dog had gas. He showed her the gas bubbles in stomach (huh). Gave her some gas drops and away they go. Drops work for a few days and back they go as dog is not acting right. More xrays and vet says "yep, gas". More drops, dog gets really sick on Friday night. Vet does not do emergency visits, they drive a couple of hours to emergency vet. He does xrays, determines the dog has a blockage in her intestines and does emergency surgery to remorve a dish towel dog has ingested. She gets a call at 6 in the morning and the emergency vet closes at 8 a.m. and she needs to come back and pick up critical dog with a 50/50 chance of making it. Took dog to her daytime vet, he can't take care of the dog as there is nobody there after 5. Told her to take dog to my vet(never heard good things about hers). Call came in Sunday morning. Dog did not make it. $2200 later. FYI

actually you have the makings of a good lawsuit. the orriginal vet didn't do his job.

krisskis

My Beagle has a SOCK fetish. God forbid you leave one lying around byaccident. He steals it and round around the house with it like a lunatic. He chews on them and the spits the pieces out and never eats them, so I guess I am lucky!

My Mini Pin is exactly the same way...what an idiot. He steals them as im foldiong laundry too. My daughter has a habit of leaving one stray sock on her floor in her room instead of putting it in the hamper...another story ;-).....and he always manages to bring it downstairs and start throwing it around the living room...hes so proud of what hes done!!