• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush, VT 2008-03-22 - Part 1/2

WoodCore

Date(s) Skied: Saturday March 22, 2008

Ski Area: Sugarbush, VT

Conditions: Fresh Powder and machine groomed PP.

Trip Report:

Headed out of Connecticut at 5am and pulled into the parking lot at ME after a stop for gas/coffee/bathroom at 8:45am, definitely made pretty good time on the ride up. I did notice the Border Patrol was set up and stopping vehicles in their usual spot on I-91 south of WRJ, first time I've seem the out in a while.

Seeing as the lifts at other than the Sunny D, had not turned since the 12 inches of snow fell Thursday night into Friday, Mount Ellen was ripe for the picking. So I decided to park at ME in the morning and then head over to South in the afternoon. Was booted up, ticketed and on the GMX by 9am.

I skied until about noon and headed up to the bar/deli upstairs at ME and enjoyed a Long Trail Ale and a very tasty Roast Beef grinder while taking in some of NCAA tournament action and friendly conversation. After lunch Headed back out, grabbed my skis and promptly boarded the shuttle bus over to "Lincoln Peak" (Slide Brook wasn't running).

I spent the afternoon soaking in the brilliant sunshine and skiing most of the legendary terrain on Lincoln Peak. Twas' a beautiful day for sure.

The pictures below better describe what kind of day it was........ Enjoy!!!

Looking North out over the Green Mountains

IMG_0007.jpg

Upper FIS

IMG_0011.jpg

Lower FIS

IMG_0015.jpg

Castlerock

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Lower Castlerock Run

IMG_0044.jpg

Lower Twist

IMG_0051.jpg

Eden

IMG_0054.jpg

Trees, Snow, Sun and Ice

IMG_0042.jpg

Trees w/ lots of Snow

Just to give you any idea of how much snow was in the woods when I took this picture: I took my ski pole (52cm) pushed in through the snowpack and followed with my arm right up to the shoulder socket and did not reach solid ground!!!!!

IMG_0043.jpg

WoodCore

Here's part 2/2.....

Random Mountain Images

Mount Ellen

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Lincoln Peak

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

win

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Great shots! Thanks for posting. It was a great day and spring skiing and riding has yet to arrive. April should be a good month!

WoodCore

Great shots! Thanks for posting. It was a great day and spring skiing and riding has yet to arrive. April should be a good month!

Win,

Had a great day Saturday and will be back at some point this spring. Please feel free to use any of my posted pictures for the website, I would be honored :smile:!