• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf has been pretty busy this summer

wa-loaf

I'm amazed at the progress they have made cutting those glades. When is the lift supposed to go in?

There's no lift currently planned. You can currently reach about 1/2 of it by traversing. The rest will require a hike up the gold road to the top of Burnt Mtn.

C-Rex

There's no lift currently planned. You can currently reach about 1/2 of it by traversing. The rest will require a hike up the gold road to the top of Burnt Mtn.

Oh, for some reason I thought I read they eventually planned to put a lift to the peak. I actually think I prefer that they don't. More goods for those willing to work for it. Can't wait to get up there. I might have to do the AZ summit and the trip in March... :beer:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah, it's a mixed bag right. Less runs but that = better snow for those who put in the effort and reap the rewards !

snowmonster

Here's an update on the Sugarloaf 2020 blog: http://sugarloaf2020.tumblr.com/post/63639815763/if-you-didnt-catch-yesterdays-irregular-then

It seems like they've acquired new land just off the backside snowfields, which they will be opening this year. Nice! I think I may have stumbled on to to this terrain before. This'll be great for powder shot and off-piste exploration. However, they better have good boundary markers and exit signs in that area. Otherwise, we're going to get a whole slew of Sugarloaf-skier-missing-in-the-woods type of stories.

Smellytele

Here's an update on the Sugarloaf 2020 blog: http://sugarloaf2020.tumblr.com/post/63639815763/if-you-didnt-catch-yesterdays-irregular-then

It seems like they've acquired new land just off the backside snowfields, which they will be opening this year. Nice! I think I may have stumbled on to to this terrain before. This'll be great for powder shot and off-piste exploration. However, they better have good boundary markers and exit signs in that area. Otherwise, we're going to get a whole slew of Sugarloaf-skier-missing-in-the-woods type of stories.

Would skiing to skiers left bring you to Brackett basin or would you have to climb up over the ridge?