• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer Patterns and Winter Snow

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
We're all noticing the correlation between early October snow and its effects on December and even January snow. How about the correlation between summer weather patterns and winter? I've noticed that the stormier the summer the stormier the winter. Your thoughts?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Well, I certainly think we're due. If weather swings like a pendulum I'd like to think its swing for more snow!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

Wishful speculation! I always look forward to the winter prediction maps for weather sites! And I always check out skiloveland.com

snomaking.png

Gotta Love it! (no pun intended)

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Wishful speculation!(no pun intended)

Of course it is. When I was young - knee high to a grasshopper young - I remember sizzling summers with multiple violent thunder storms. We would watch the thunderheads puff up as they grew. Later the following winter we had tremendous snow storms - well it all seemed tremendous but it all went away. It was a very long time ago and I don't remember precise numbers of storms.

Then in the summer of 2007 we had here in NH record breaking lightning, hail - even a tornado. That following winter record breaking snow. A remark I remember at the time was "We had rain in the forecast everyday last summer - now we have snow in the forecast everyday."

Deja Vu all over again? I hope so! Wishful speculation? You bet.

bigbog

...Wishful speculation? You bet.
+1

..but as the weather fluctuates with the more southerly than ever, for our lifetime, expect summers with more middle-Americas..ie hail, tornadoes....in the mix...y/n? Beats me...New England has always had rock & rollin' thunderstorms in places.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

I've noticed that the stormier the summer the stormier the winter. Your thoughts?

This came up the other day with a met I follow and he directly refuted the above.

BYB-SNL%25231.gif

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
This came up the other day with a met I follow and he directly refuted the above.

So ... stormier summers lead to less stormy winters. Well ... that's just not very optimistic speculation. I like mine better. :dunce:

But seriously how was it refuted. Or was it merely contradicted. :dontknow: