• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee Beach/Tailgating

jimmywilson69

Its a fun thing to do. I'll do 1 lap during the week and 2 on the weekends. It helps me justify the beers I drink after skiing :) Because skiing in southcentral PA isn't exactly a physical exerting activity...

deadheadskier

Staff member
I agree that is pretty weak. There are no restictions at Sunday River, Sugarbush, Killington and Stowe. At least when I skied there. Have you seen this yourself DHS?
Yes. Two seasons ago with a couple of fellow forum members

jimmywilson69

Do you think that was more " COVID don't hang around in large groups" enforcement? I know at my Vail owned resort, it was party on. So I don't think this was necessarily a Vail thing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Do you think that was more " COVID don't hang around in large groups" enforcement? I know at my Vail owned resort, it was party on. So I don't think this was necessarily a Vail thing.

No

It was Edd from above, Snoseek and I skiing Sunapee. Quick break in the parking lot and a cop was walking around telling folks to dump their beers. He was pretty cool about it. I wasn't partaking that day

deadheadskier

Staff member
Maybe because Mt Sunapee is part of a state park?

No, I'm told because it's a leased property. Cannon is a state park and parking lot beers are legal there.

It seems to be a park by park basis in regards to the rule. Hampton Beach State Park as an example, doesn't allow booze.

machski

No, I'm told because it's a leased property. Cannon is a state park and parking lot beers are legal there.

It seems to be a park by park basis in regards to the rule. Hampton Beach State Park as an example, doesn't allow booze.
I bet it has something to do with whether or not the State Park has camping as well. FNSP that Cannon is within definitely has state run/sponsored camping, even designated camping within Cannon's base footprint. Sunapee and HBSP, not so much.

2Planker

Plenty of drinkin in the NH parking lots. Never, ever have we been curtailed in any way
"Live Free or Die" baby.