• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River (11/27/06)

Edd

Hello to everyone. I'm new here but I've been reading it for a couple of months.

Got to the River and skied roughly 11 to 1 yesterday. The snow was spring-like and basically the skiing was great; it was so easy to keep an edge I had trouble getting out of turns occasionally. There was some rocky surface that wasn't showing last Thursday on both Ecstacy and Upper Sunday Punch. Pay attention to those warning poles; you won't see the rocks until you're right on top of them.

Monday Morning and Cascades were great even though M.M. had lost a noticable amount of snow. Bumps were forming and they were fun. I don't know if it rained there last night but I'm having a hard time seeing them staying open through this continued warmth.

The mid-station loading on the Locke Triple is something I haven't seen before. I'm not sure I get the point. Maybe to get to the top of Locke faster using the HSQ and squeezing an extra short run in?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Welcome to the boards! Nice report. You should connect up with the folks from here who frequent Sunday River.

Vortex

Welcome. Ga2ski and Maineskier69 and Thaller1 are a few of the SR regulars on weekend. I get up there fairly often as well. Thankx for the report.