• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 22-23

2Planker

Abenaki? One of the very few bad meals I have ever had in town.

Top five for us are probably: moat, may Kelly's, shannon door, Delaney, muddy moose and tuckermans. Red parka decent for drinks but not great food. Luchador definitely for takeout.
Good List. May Kelly‘s for sure 👍 If coming from Gorham: Yesterday’s, Tuckerman’s and Red Fox are all consistently good

parahelia

Today was terrific. Blue skies, soft snow by midmorning, and everything in play. It's so nice when you can lap Oz with no lines, hitting all the good stuff with none of the Jordan runout. This is my favorite time of year for Eureka, Lost Princess, etc - soft bumps as far as the eye can see. After some mankiness yesterday, the snow in the woods was a lot of fun today.

Tomorrow will be... something very different with these cold temps incoming.

NYDB

'While red as a color promotes energy and social interaction, being in such an intense color for long periods of time can make us irritable, more aggressive, less relaxed, and even increases your heart rate,'

thetrailboss

Staff member
'While red as a color promotes energy and social interaction, being in such an intense color for long periods of time can make us irritable, more aggressive, less relaxed, and even increases your heart rate,'
Long periods of time being a five minute lift ride? Are they going to need to post a trigger warning at the bottom of each lift?

This woman is taking the term "snowflake" to new levels.

Andrew B.

Long periods of time being a five minute lift ride? Are they going to need to post a trigger warning at the bottom of each lift?

This woman is taking the term "snowflake" to new levels.
The woman doesn’t ride the lifts
The man gets 100 days a year

He is a good guy but likes to have something to complain about.

Granite1

What affect does being under the influence of drugs or alcohol have being subjected to the color red? I always thought red was a color of passion and love, a good thing?

drjeff

What affect does being under the influence of drugs or alcohol have being subjected to the color red? I always thought red was a color of passion and love, a good thing?
And if you look at the data, somehere between 5-8% of males are red/green color blind and about 0.5%-1% of females are, so just based on that you've got about 1 in 20 males and 1 in 100 females riding that chair thinking they're on a grayish color bubble chair

BodeMiller1

If you're a human being nothing should trigger you. The only one that has control over you is you. Now if you're down a couple of "ranks" like my buddy Dondo the human keg or a bull then this does not hold water.

Attachments

• InkedmEOW_LI.jpg
    InkedmEOW_LI.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 2

BodeMiller1

And if you look at the data, somehere between 5-8% of males are red/green color blind and about 0.5%-1% of females are, so just based on that you've got about 1 in 20 males and 1 in 100 females riding that chair thinking they're on a grayish color bubble chair
If you hunt and you wear anything red and a wild cat sees you (bobcat, lynx) they will think it's a turkey beard and try and kill you. File under not good.

What if the bubble chair has a yellowish lens???
What if Ellanor Rosevelt had a piper cub?

Attachments

• NO.jpg
    NO.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0

Hawk

No he's a really nice, stand up guy who has been at Sunday River for a very long time. I first met him there during the Less Otten years around 94 ish?
Funny he texted me on Friday. He was wondering if I was at Sugarbush because he was going to the Capitol Theater on Sunday to see Phil Lesh and was thinking of skiing Sugarbush. He owned a painting buisness so color might just be his thing? Either way he was just expressing his opinion.

KustyTheKlown

Your obsession with other people’s substance consumption is truly bizarre.