• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River- 4/10/05

Skimaine4ever

Website
www.bigsquawmountain.4t.com
Date(s) Skied: Sunday River- 4/10/05

Resort or Ski Area: Sunday River- 4/10/05

Conditions: Corn, Slush, Water, Spring Conditions

Trip Report: Wehn we arrived around 9:30 it was already in the 50's, we new it was gonna be a warm one. The place was dead, I guess everyone was at Reggae.

We started out on North Peak making a warm-up run on Dreammaker. The snow was soft spring corn and we were loving it. We then headed straight for whitcap. We did evrything off Whitecap except for Shockwave. White Heat was the trail of the day, the bumps were huge all over and the snow was sweet. Obsesion was really good up top, but there were alot of bare spots towards the bottom. However, SR did a great job marking them so it wasnt really a problem. After making many runs at Whitecap and Barker we were ready for lunch at the Foggy Goggle. After lunch we headed for the west side of the mountain and took a nice run down Quantum Leap(a very underated trail imn my Opinion) it had some sweet huge bumps on it. We did most all the trails at Jordan,there was still one glade open at Jordan but ti looked pretty thin so we decidedd not to do it.

This was a great day overall. Even though the temps were warm it was really only a problem on the begginer runs where water would collect. But the steeper trails were great and the bumps were ever so sweet, and so was the halfpipe. It was a sad day also because I have only one more ski day left, and that not till May 1st.

Vortex

Nice Report. You were right alot of people were at the Loaf. :D I'll be at Sunday River on Sunday. Obsession sounded real good looking forward to it.