• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust I - 1/24/09

gmcunni

Qualifying rounds begin at 2pm. Top 16 competitors are paired to compete in a dual course with sudden death format.

what is the deal with qualifying round, it that also "sudden death" ?

powbmps

Roll call:

2knees
bvibert
mondeo
Greg
MR.evil
Grassi21
madskier6
gmcunni
downhill04
powhunter
MrMagic
johnnypoach

Good luck guys!

Can't wait to see some video.

Greg

Staff member
what is the deal with qualifying round, it that also "sudden death" ?

Qualifying is how they select the top 16, as well as how they pair up people of seemingly similar ability for the duels.

gmcunni

Qualifying is how they select the top 16, as well as how they pair up people of seemingly similar ability for the duels.

i get that. i guess i could have asked it better. do i get more than 1 run for my $5?:grin:

SkiDork

I'd like to come with the family, but Iceman is competing at Stratton. Good luck to all the entrants. Keep the p-tex side down!

Greg

Staff member
i get that. i guess i could have asked it better. do i get more than 1 run for my $5?:grin:

Only if you qualify in the top 16

That's why I want to get started around 11 am to get some skiing in as well as ski the course a bit. Unless you advance, there's a fair amount of waiting during the comp. There are some lags here and there however while waiting for people to get back to the top so you can always sneak in a run then if you don't mind missing the next few heats. As long as you have a number, they'll let you onto Temptor whether you've qualified or been knocked out or not. It will be roped off at the Nor'easter merge for the general skiing public.

powbmps

That's why I want to get started around 11 am to get some skiing in as well as ski the course a bit. Unless you advance, there's a fair amount of waiting during the comp. There are some lags here and there however while waiting for people to get back to the top so you can always sneak in a run then if you don't mind missing the next few heats. As long as you have a number, they'll let you onto Temptor whether you've qualified or been knocked out or not. It will be roped off at the Nor'easter merge for the general skiing public.

Will there be an athletes lounge?

downhill04

Kinda just hang at the top or the bottom. BYOB.

I might have to fill a back pack with beer. This way I can have some cold refreshments while watching the final rounds of the comp :beer:

I will lug some Bud lites. if anybody else would like some let me know?

Party on Wayne!
Party on Garth!

SkiDork

I might have to fill a back pack with beer. This way I can have some cold refreshments while watching the final rounds of the comp :beer:

I will lug some Bud lites. if anybody else would like some let me know?

Party on Wayne!
Party on Garth!

you might get more points from the judges if you skied the run _while_ drinking a beer...

WJenness

Hmmm maybe I should wear one of those beer dispensing helmets?? Anybody have one I could use?

I wore this:
00508671.zoom.a.jpg

On Halloween... so I kind of have a beer helmet (and yes, you can actually dispense beer from it).

-w

downhill04

I wore this:
00508671.zoom.a.jpg

On Halloween... so I kind of have a beer helmet (and yes, you can actually dispense beer from it).

-w

Nice!! I could wear that and create a new trick off the kicker and call it the “keg toss”

Another failed attempt at humor on my part.

Greg

Staff member
Nice!! I could wear that and create a new trick off the kicker and call it the “keg toss”

Another failed attempt at humor on my part.

:roll: Why don't you just wear this one and call the trick the "jackass":

18896-main.jpg

:lol: :razz: