• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Superstar stockpiles!

Savemeasammy

C'mon Killington! We are counting on you for our spring turns!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

Nice. I wonder when spring passes go on sale.

Last year the spring passes went on sale right after President's vacation week. They were $179 if bought by 2/28 and went up to $199 March first. Valid as of 3/14 last year. Great deal anyway you look at it. Hope it's the same or better this year. Nice to see the glacier growing daily, but they will need to blow snow well beyond the end of Feb, which has been the cutoff point the last few years, if they want to make Memorial Day and beyond.

steamboat1

Nice to see the glacier growing daily, but they will need to blow snow well beyond the end of Feb, which has been the cutoff point the last few years, if they want to make Memorial Day and beyond.
If they keep the guns on Superstar till the end of February the mountain will tilt. Kinda like Guam.

attachment.php

Attachments

• snomakr.jpg
    snomakr.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 837
Last edited:

steamboat1

According to their report next up is Skyelark T to B & lower Bitter with middle Supe thrown in for good measure. Everyone always thinks of Superstar as their only late season offering but more often than not Skyelark/lower Bitter hang in there right to the end too. Last year was an exception not the rule.

dlague

According to their report next up is Skyelark T to B & lower Bitter with middle Supe thrown in for good measure. Everyone always thinks of Superstar as their only late season offering but more often than not Skyelark/lower Bitter hang in there right to the end too. Last year was an exception not the rule.

This is exciting but generally speaking SS is the lone trail at the end. I have been skiing Killington for the past 4-5 years on their last few weekends and I do not recall Skylark making it to the very last day! Nonetheless - always a good time!

Cornhead

Nonetheless - always a good time!
Even if skinning your knees, or having young adults fly through the air at you elbowing you in the head. It is rough on old knees, I don't think mine felt normal til August, still love Spring turns. Not holding out alot of hope for a deep Spring season this year, but you never know.

steamboat1

This is exciting but generally speaking SS is the lone trail at the end. I have been skiing Killington for the past 4-5 years on their last few weekends and I do not recall Skylark making it to the very last day! Nonetheless - always a good time!

Well then your memory is not very good.

jaybird

Gonna need all that and more to meet spring demand this year.
The 7 gun headwall salute last week was good to see :thumbup:

dlague

K closed May 18 in 13/14. Skyelark/Bitter closed May 17 but was still being skied on the 18th. I know since I was there. Same thing other years.

That particular year was when there was a late spring May snow storm and they had opened Skyelark back up - if not mistaken.

steamboat1

That particular year was when there was a late spring May snow storm and they had opened Skyelark back up - if not mistaken.

Nope, they usually pound Skyelark/lower Bitter almost as hard as Superstar with snowmaking. Skyelark/lower Bitter seems to hold snow better than Supe so even though it might not be as deep it lasts almost as long. You often do have to walk the upper flat over to Skyelark but once there you're good to go. I don't like walking down the upper headwall on Supe to get to the snow, especially wearing ski boots. The walk over to Skyelark is flat & easy.

edit: it's no bargain walking down the headwall wearing skis either.
attachment.php

Attachments

• photo1020c.jpg
    photo1020c.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:

Watatic Skier

The top of the second headwall was a trouble spot at the end of last season, hope they focus a bit there as well.

jaybird

Yeah ... that second cornice was puny last season :rolleyes:

Hay Billy Kidd ... Nice :grin: