• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

T-mobile cellular coverage on mountains

hiroto

I asked Which mountain has poor cellular coverage a while back. I see a newer thread Verizon vs Sprint vs ATT vs T-Mobile. Now I'm considering moving from AT&T to T-mobile due to their new offer of T-Mobile to offer free unlimited international data, texts | Mobile - CNET News. I really like T-mobile for their separation of handset subsidies as monthly payment which completes in 24 months and disappears from you bill, but I couldn't make the switch before because of their very expensing international data roaming comparing to AT&T.

Now the only remaining concern is T-mobile's coverage on mountains. I would like to know of any specific mountain that your t-mobile phone didn't get any signal. I haven't have much of issues with AT&T with mountains I've been visiting.

skijay

Just want to add this in here. I found this out from VZ which may apply to the other carriers. If you're going prepaid (smartphone / standard phone), the service map they promote in ads usually applies only to the contract type plans and not the prepaid service (even with the same carrier). Contract plans have agreements with other carriers to allow the use of their towers, thus uniterrupted service in both talk & data. If you go on a prepaid plan - you most likely are not under the same coverage. Where a contract phone may "freely roam", the prepaid phone may have "no service".

I went through this with my unlocked iphone.