• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tailgate Scene

skiur

Is the open container law new because of Covid?

Because in the 90s, there most certainly were open container laws in Burlington. I remember them well in college. You could drink to your hearts content on your front porch, but the second a cop saw you step foot on the sidewalk, you would be ticketed.
Maybe the city of Burlington has an open container law, but the state of Vermont does not. Has not in the 20 years I have been going there.

kingslug

The truck is working out well for me at Hunter..Short walk from the lift if you get there early enough. Don't have to do that at Gore though.

Teleskier

I should probably switch to canned beer, but any tips for the beer bottles not freezing/breaking in the car while sitting there outside all day?

I'm normally the resort bar fly type too per the european model (equal fun as skiing), but need to morph this year. Maybe I can toast to people in cars 12-feet away for a pseudo-social feel.

Worried about freezing - unless I switch to pure whiskey or vodka for apres - might be the excuse to. :)

Of course drinking while in or near the car in the US is another thing to stress about... maybe keep a log of when drinks were consumed? Make sure to dispose of empties before you drive away? Isn't driving with empty containers in the car also illegal?

Never had to think about this before...

Edd

I should probably switch to canned beer, but any tips for the beer bottles not freezing/breaking in the car while sitting there outside all day?

I'm normally the resort bar fly type too per the european model (equal fun as skiing), but need to morph this year. Maybe I can toast to people in cars 12-feet away for a pseudo-social feel.

Worried about freezing - unless I switch to pure whiskey or vodka for apres - might be the excuse to. :)

Of course drinking while in or near the car in the US is another thing to stress about... maybe keep a log of when drinks were consumed? Make sure to dispose of empties before you drive away? Isn't driving with empty containers in the car also illegal?

Cans are certainly better. I’ve been using a small lunch cooler sized perfectly for a tall boy 4 pack. Should easily regulate the temp throughout a ski day. Emptys go right back into it.

Smellytele

yeti cooler with no ice

snoseek

Grab an empty coffee cup in the morning from the Irving and nobody will ever question you

jaybird

Tailgating has been enjoyable mainly due to non Arctic temperatures. Warming up is going to be challenging once a slew of daily temps hover under 10 degrees. This raises the likleyhood of parking lots full of idling vehicles and environmental fallout.
VT passed legislation restricting engine idling a few years ago .. resulting in fines. So which laws actually get enforced .. ?idling or masking. Pick your poison.