• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tall Trees of CA

Puck it

If you have never seen them. This video puts it into perspective. Add it to your bucket list. I have never seen this particular tree though, but have seen others

wa-loaf

I've been to Muir Woods and Yosemite. Those trees are damn impressive.

mriceyman

went to muir woods while on my honeymoon. talk about a peaceful place.

Edd

In the navy I was stationed 90 minutes from Sequoia National Park so I hiked there frequently. They had a tree with the base hollowed out with a road going through it. So you drove through the tree whenever you went. Sequoias are massive.

I had this notion that I was immune to poison ivy or oak or whatever because I'd never caught it. Wrong. I caught something there that effectively took me out for a couple of weeks. Never hiked in shorts again.

wa-loaf

I had this notion that I was immune to poison ivy or oak or whatever because I'd never caught it. Wrong. I caught something there that effectively took me out for a couple of weeks. Never hiked in shorts again.

I've spent some time in CA in AZ and the poison oak out there is different there. I never caught it, but a few folks I know did and it required going on steroids to get over.