• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

tell me about idaho, specifically indy resorts

KustyTheKlown

What I found yesterday seemed to say us citizens don’t need tests for land border crossings back into america. I have an audlible reserved near 49 north if crossing becomes problematic, but red is a major attraction on this trip. Also assuming Rossland BC will have testing available if they are trying to encourage ski travel so close to the border

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

i havent canceled the BC portion of this trip yet, but i have made reservations for an audible to mission ridge washington on indy pass, which i'll likely do to just avoid borders in general

its looking like fly 2/16, mission ridge 2/17 2/18, 49 north 2/19 2/20, schweitzer 2/21-25, silver 2/26 2/27, fly 2/28. 11 consecutive ski days.

i could audible during the 5 days at schweitzer but i like the driving loop ive put together as planned

HowieT2

i havent canceled the BC portion of this trip yet, but i have made reservations for an audible to mission ridge washington on indy pass, which i'll likely do to just avoid borders in general

its looking like fly 2/16, mission ridge 2/17 2/18, 49 north 2/19 2/20, schweitzer 2/21-25, silver 2/26 2/27, fly 2/28. 11 consecutive ski days.

i could audible during the 5 days at schweitzer but i like the driving loop ive put together as planned
why cancel?
I'm going to BC 1/28.

HowieT2

I don’t expect much change at the border in the next few months, except for possibly allowing vaccinated Canadians to travel south when Delta recedes.

For Americans heading North, in addition to the usual documentation (proof of citizenship), that means arriving at the border with proof of double vaccination, a negative PCR test (antigen not acceptable) no more than 72 hours old, and having registered yourself in the ArriveCan app. Returning south you will need another negative test no more than 3 calendar days old, and a completed “attestation form” https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/Fillable-Attestation-English-p.pdf

Bear in mind that it can be difficult finding a lab for Covid testing with rapid turnaround in some of these rural areas, most seem to take 2-3 days to get results. Meaning planning the border crossing can be tricky and stressful, there may be only a few hours between when you get the results and the 72 hour test age limit.
This is incorrect. No test required to reenter US by land border.

KustyTheKlown

why cancel?
I'm going to BC 1/28.

just slightly concerned about logistics of covid testing and border crossing. when i saw mission ridge was an option with a similar drive time it just seemed to make sense. we'll see. i haven't canceled the BC accomodations yet, just wanted to lock in options that dont involve canada.

HowieT2

just slightly concerned about logistics of covid testing and border crossing. when i saw mission ridge was an option with a similar drive time it just seemed to make sense. we'll see. i haven't canceled the BC accomodations yet, just wanted to lock in options that dont involve canada.
My flight to spokane is the 28th and driving to red on the 29th. So I have an appointment scheduled for covid test on the 26th for which I'll have the results prior to crossing the border into canadia.
My wife and I went to Quebec in August. Had some angst about the process but it was no problem. My wife even got the covid while we were there and crossed back to VT without issue.

jimk

i dont like kids and families but i know better than to hang out at a cheap road trip hotel's pool.

a few years ago I was in lake placid with my girlfriend. we were in an actual pretty nice hotel, which is not my MO. it was the high peaks resort. all fucking day and night kids were slamming doors and running up and down the hallways. in the morning I peaked out the door to see the noise and I see an adult chaperone with her back to me. I'm like 'yo', no answer. I'm like "YO", no answer. I'm like "YO I AM FUCKING TALKING TO YOU EUTHANIZE THESE FUCKING KIDS". some door down the hall opens and someone yells back at me "YO SHE IS DEAF"

so apparently these super loud kids who were making noise all day and night were being looked after by a deaf person who couldn't hear them.

resort refunded our stay that night.
This post made me laugh. I'm crossing the US right now by myself to end up in UT for a while. When I travel without my wife I go lowball on motels as long as they don't look like places where my car would get broken into. I use priceline express a lot. On Jan 15 I stayed at an America's Best Value motel in the middle of MO. It was $60 something after taxes and fees. It should have been called America's Best Kennel! I'm not a pet guy at this point in life. I should have known when checking in after a long day of driving, There were two huge dogs at the feet of the lady that checked me in. In my room I could hear dogs barking from multiple directions/rooms and also dogs running around and stomping on the floor above mine. Although my room didn't smell like dog, it was reasonably clean and things quieted down around 10PM.

Skied Copper yesterday - hell of a place for first day at altitude, had me feeling woosy by 2pm, but snow was good esp backside of mtn including Tucker. Skied Steamboat today, again good and low crowds. They need some new snow in the Rockies, but the elevation in CO is preserving the stuff they got earlier in Jan pretty well.