• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

tell me about idaho, specifically indy resorts

jaytrem

sick. lol. its a blackout weekend but i can work around it. time to reshuffle all these reservations. soldier has no blackout on indy so i can flip those two.
Soldier kinda far unless you're flying to Boise.

KustyTheKlown

Soldier kinda far unless you're flying to Boise.

gah, mistook soldier for silver. i do have a blackouts issue weekend of 2/19 at 49N, schweitzer, and silver. no blackout at tamarack. will figure it out. lots of fun options it seems.

jaytrem

gah, mistook soldier for silver. i do have a blackouts issue weekend of 2/19 at 49N, schweitzer, and silver. no blackout at tamarack. will figure it out. lots of fun options it seems.
Maybe hit Mt. Spokane on a blackout date? They were still on liftopia last year. Another really cool place and the friendliest staff around! On my phone now, so no pics, sorry. Will try to add more stoke pics later. Your trip is making jealous! I need to start planning one.

jaytrem

Another thought, would it be worth upgrading the indy to the no blackout version?

SKI-3PO

Tamarack is a decent blackout weekend option. It will be less busy than Brundage.

KustyTheKlown

i just booked a full second itinerary. i have so many reservations its silly.

feb 18 - mar 1 car rental
feb 19-21 lodging near tamarack
feb 21-26 lodging near schweizer
havent booked anything but would stay in spokane or near 49N the last few days

snoseek

I'm a big fan of ski safaris. Instead of apres at the bar you drive. Just land and hotwire rooms as you go. Land in slc and go in the direction of the storms track. I once put 2k on a little shitbox and returned it at the airport with the check engine light on haha.

jaytrem

Just remembered McCall tends to have cheap airbnb/vbro rentals. I suspect it might be more of a summer retreat with the lake being right there. Definitely worth looking into. Tomorrow I'll try to find the place we stayed in last time we were there.

jaytrem

I'm a big fan of ski safaris. Instead of apres at the bar you drive. Just land and hotwire rooms as you go. Land in slc and go in the direction of the storms track. I once put 2k on a little shitbox and returned it at the airport with the check engine light on haha.
We put about 2k on one out of Prince George, only problem was it only included 1500. I think it was about .35 extra every mile after that. Not terrible, but we did walk to dinner whenever possible. :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
i just booked a full second itinerary. i have so many reservations its silly.

feb 18 - mar 1 car rental
feb 19-21 lodging near tamarack
feb 21-26 lodging near schweizer
havent booked anything but would stay in spokane or near 49N the last few days
Nice

KustyTheKlown

Just remembered McCall tends to have cheap airbnb/vbro rentals. I suspect it might be more of a summer retreat with the lake being right there. Definitely worth looking into. Tomorrow I'll try to find the place we stayed in last time we were there.

ya mccall had like no hotels but tons of airbnbs. the only thing I had to pay for yesterday was 50% deposit for that airbnb but its fully refundable

FBGM

Didn’t read all it, but came to post pics of Pomerelle. Place is Fucking cool. Little. Old school. I hit it on a random epic day coming back from sun valley

FBE8F08A-BC2D-431E-8571-22EA3D744AD7.jpeg7CD053C1-D664-418C-B1DF-2BD44240D221.jpeg030D3FE9-4E0A-4C8E-8E94-1C207A345F97.jpeg

KustyTheKlown

ya pomerelle was too far south for this jaunt.

I'm very excited to check out a new ski region, and one that is known for lack of crowds. its been fun doing tahoe, colorado, utah the past few years, but particularly co and ut are just such a shitshow every day now.