• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Big One Analysis: February 13th, 2014 Storm Observations

Bostonian

Man the best day on the snow, and I am stuck at work and have my inlaws flying in for my wife and son's birthday this weekend. I swear I am going to cry... Maybe I can sneak out to nashoba tonight or tomorrow... Otherwise I am sitting high and dry :(

Euler

Man the best day on the snow, and I am stuck at work and have my inlaws flying in for my wife and son's birthday this weekend. I swear I am going to cry... Maybe I can sneak out to nashoba tonight or tomorrow... Otherwise I am sitting high and dry :(
Same story for me. In laws visiting this weekend so I'm hanging out with the family.. It's part of what makes skiing so wonderful, though...the perfect day is so fleeting and ethereal that when everything finally DOES line up it's SOOO good!!

UVSHTSTRM

16+ inches in Claremont, NH. Got 5 inches yesterday (11am-5pm), then it basically just shut off until midnight. Woke up at 4am to let the dogs out and see if traveling to work was an option. At that time we had another 7 inches. It was puking snow. Went back to bed at 5:00, woke up again at 7am and the area I cleared for the dogs had another 4 inches. So basically from midnight to 7am it snowed out at about 2 inches an hour. We probably picked up another inch or so during the next two hours while we cleared the driveway and backyard. Generally Claremont and the Upper Valley and the area immediately on the river get shadowed, not this time though.

Cornhead

Ha, I worked a half day yesterday because I really was sick and I knew they wouldn't believe me. I found out they almost sent someone to follow me, to see if I headed to Greek Peak, trust, it's a beautiful thing. I wish I'd saved my barf for a manager's shoes.

wa-loaf

Ha, I worked a half day yesterday because I really was sick and I knew they wouldn't believe me. I found out they almost sent someone to follow me, to see if I headed to Greek Peak, trust, it's a beautiful thing. I wish I'd saved my barf for a manager's shoes.

Haha, you've got a reputation.

gladerider

Has to be over a foot and a half here at jay peak. Epic condition. This mt rocks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

soxfan2

Has to be over a foot and a half here at jay peak. Epic condition. This mt rocks.

Good! They are giving whaleback season pass holders 50% off for the rest of the season! Can't wait to go....

Judder

Bennington, VT / Rochester, VT / Sugarbush
We picked up over a foot last night in the lowlands of Southern VT. Heavy snow till about 10AM. Total accumulation around 14 inches.

It was real weird only getting an inch or two yesterday - felt like we got skunked. Sure enough the NOAA snowfall maps came through with their predicted 12-14.

Now that the system is pulling out, bring on the upslope!!! Radar is looking good right now. I bet we see an additional few inches through tomorrow over the spine of the Greens.

Wrapping up the work and heading to the mtns in a few hours!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Nothing like red for Valentine's day. Gotta love this map.

Haven't seen this much red on this map in a looooong time!

sd1_today.jpg

gladerider

Good! They are giving whaleback season pass holders 50% off for the rest of the season! Can't wait to go....

Been dumping all day and it's still coming. Howling winds though.