• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

the "garden" state lol

Website
maps.google.com
Posted: Wednesday, 14 July 2010 11:57AM

New Jersey Inches Closer to Growing Its Own Medical Pot

TRENTON, N.J. (AP/ 1010 WINS) -- New Jersey is getting closer to going into the medical marijuana business.

A key state senator says he now supports the idea of having the state's supply of medical marijuana initially grown by Rutgers University.

Democrat Nicholas Scutari says he is now working with the administration of Gov. Chris Christie to modify a law to put the novel system in place.

In January, lawmakers approved making New Jersey the 14th state to allow medical marijuana. But the program has not been implemented.

Scutari initially had reservations about the administration's plan to have Rutgers grow the medicinal pot and the state's teaching hospitals distribute it to qualified patients.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Garden State claims to fame:
1. Highest property tax in the US (Bloomberg)
2. 5th Unhappiest State in the US. But hey, NY and CT have you beat.(cnbc)
3. 130 public officials plead guilty or be convicted of corruption since 2001 (abcnews)
4. Highest population density in the US
contrasted against:
5. 2nd highest state in terms of rate of college matriculation
6. Second highest per capita income ranked by state
but:
7. highest in the proportion of students who graduate from college and then leave the state.

dmc

Garden State claims to fame:
1. Highest property tax in the US (Bloomberg)
2. 5th Unhappiest State in the US. But hey, NY and CT have you beat.(cnbc)
3. 130 public officials plead guilty or be convicted of corruption since 2001 (abcnews)
4. Highest population density in the US
contrasted against:
5. 2nd highest state in terms of rate of college matriculation
6. Second highest per capita income ranked by state
but:
7. highest in the proportion of students who graduate from college and then leave the state.

You are ALWAYS so quick to point out the negative.

2knees

i watched 10 minutes of "The real housewives of New Jersey" last night.

not sure if thats a positive or a negative.

ctenidae

I find it amazing you got through 10 minutes. I managed to get through about 5 minutes of Jersey Shore a couple of weeks ago, and then wanted to shoot myself.

dmc

I find it amazing you got through 10 minutes. I managed to get through about 5 minutes of Jersey Shore a couple of weeks ago, and then wanted to shoot myself.

Aside from flipping past - I have yet to watch either... It's amazing what people watch these days...

I will say that a friend of mine did a mural for one of the "real wives of NJ" and mad a ton of cash... Which is cool..
And shore house rentals may've gotten a boost during tough time because of the NJ Shore thing.. btw - I read only one of those guys was actually from NJ..

snoseek

I for one view this as a positive step for making Jersey a better place to live.

2knees

i was flipping channels and happened across it during a full blown hair pulling cat fight. tell me you wouldnt have watched that!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Growing everything at Rutgers has it's good and bad points in my opinion.

Good
How awesome would it be for Rutgers to become the cannabis research capital of the US!

Bad
Creates a government funded monopoly on production. Jersey needs more independent small businesses. The law has provisions that allow for-profit cannabis production/distribution centers to operate, provided they pass licensing requirements (yet to be defined).

Website
maps.google.com
i have a weak spot for big haired trashy women.....

what about tight muscle body women with dark skin, short hair, dark eyes & friendly personality:grin::grin::flag::flag:

Womens-services-on-parade.JPG

snoseek

!

Bad
Creates a government funded monopoly on production. Jersey needs more independent small businesses. The law has provisions that allow for-profit cannabis production/distribution centers to operate, provided they pass licensing requirements (yet to be defined).

Liscensing needs to be looked at real hard from the beginning. Hopefully they will do it right from the start or hordes of folks will want in on the industry. There are over 250 shops in Denver now, five or six i can walk to from my house in under three minutes-yet i can't get a decent six pack without getting in the car.

I am all for fully legalizing weed but will say that these shops are NOT at all really about medicine, for a very small percentage i suppose. I can't imagine smoking earwax hash for any other reason than getting super crazy high. Most people walk in, flirt with the budtender girl and get the strongest stuff for the cheapest price possible. Often there will be promos like free joint friday, card games for free weed, ect.......the printed free magazines and ads in the post are not very professional usually.

Will people be able to grow their own and call themselves "providers"

snoseek

also even with allthis competition weed is still cheaper on the street. The advantage of the dispenseries is being able to choose the exact kind of bud you want in the increment you want. It doesn't come cheap.

I like this one a lot!
http://www.facebook.com/Karmaceuticals

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Liscensing needs to be looked at real hard from the beginning. Hopefully they will do it right from the start or hordes of folks will want in on the industry. There are over 250 shops in Denver now, five or six i can walk to from my house in under three minutes-yet i can't get a decent six pack without getting in the car.

I am all for fully legalizing weed but will say that these shops are NOT at all really about medicine, for a very small percentage i suppose. I can't imagine smoking earwax hash for any other reason than getting super crazy high. Most people walk in, flirt with the budtender girl and get the strongest stuff for the cheapest price possible. Often there will be promos like free joint friday, card games for free weed, ect.......the printed free magazines and ads in the post are not very professional usually.

Will people be able to grow their own and call themselves "providers"
The law calls for the 1st 6 locations established to be non-profit. Once they are established and operational an "evaluation" will happen to see if the can keep up capacity wise. If not, then for-profit centers will be allowed to incorporate.

They took out the provision for folks to grow their own. Another wasted opportunity.

4aprice

Isn't it amazing what talent we have here? The talent on Jersey Shore is from Staten and Lon Gisland but you get the idea of what Sleezeside is like. One of our brilliant state legislators wanted to sue MTV and Jersey Shore for giving NJ a bad name. You can't make up the stuff that comes out of Trenton. Oh yea learn some really rare language and you might be able to get out of a DWI.

How they handle the pot will be interesting to watch.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ctenidae

i was flipping channels and happened across it during a full blown hair pulling cat fight. tell me you wouldnt have watched that!

Oh, I'd have watched that. I would have felt dirty afterwards, but I'd have watched it.

Then wished I had a TiVo.

ctenidae

How they handle the pot will be interesting to watch.

Colorado seems to be doing it pretty well.

"I have glaucoma." "Here's your pot card."
"I have cancer." Here's your pot card."
"I have a splinter." "Heres your pot card.
"I have...uh..I forget..." "Here's your pot card."

Win!