• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The jay peak of NH??

canobie#1

So did anyone see the link cranmore posted on facebook? They're going to redo their whole base area. It's about time! I'll get a link later.

Smellytele

Cranmore%20Development.jpg

dlague

Way to keep the replies short :lol:

The North Conway area has enough people in it year round to support such a development/revamp of the ski area into more of a year round attraction. It will probably get built before the West Bowl at Jay :wink:

Oh no you brought up Jay! J/K That is probably true!

canobie#1

Yeah Black Cap (behind cranmore) is in the works. Likely double the place in size to be one of the big dogs behind loon, bretton, ragged and sunapee.

xlr8r

Yeah, I'm getting more of a Jiminy Peak vibe with this development more than Jay Peak. IMO this is smart as it centralizes everything at a resort. I prefer how Jiminy, Sugarbush, Smugglers, Stratton, and Stowe have centralized their on mountain properties in the base area creating a (yes Disney like) pedestrian village. Whereas places like Sunday River, Okemo, and Jay Peak have their development properties spread out with little to no cohesion. Makes it tough for people who stay at properties like the Jordan Hotel, Grand Summit Hotel, or the new Stateside Hotel to access the whole resort and therefore limits Restaurant, Bar, and Nightlife opportunities after the lifts close. I just hope they have their finances in line as the Stowe Village has been stuck at half completion ever since the economy tanked.

canobie#1

I am half and half about places like jay. I think it's really annoying that they added a third lodge with no expansion. Not even the high speed replacing bonnie!
I hope this will be nice and quick for them. Meaning no condos in the middle of the slopes. I hope the Black Cap expansion runs along quickly now that they did a complete face-lift on the look-out area and the east bowl.

canobie#1

You never know, cranmore had been doing awesome things lately. Plus they added it to the map in 2009