• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

MG Skier

I haven't been out to Magic in a few weeks. Someone please disconnect the gas lines to the blow torch or put some goggles on the sun! Sunday was a wonderful ski day and I skied 18 miles, could have done 20+ but decided to head home about 3 ish (I have a 2 hr 40 minute drive.)

1. Some observations: Brownie is a fantastic operator! The groomers were great and Trick is ALWAYS in fantastic shape.
2. There was a race, there were no lines!
3. New Bullwheel looks great!
4. Great beers on tap and available at Sunshine Corner.
5. I so dig the vibe and don't enjoy leaving the hill, ever!

Only negative: too warm too early, not enough snow pack (for these temps.). I hope I can get out there a few more times before we run out of snow!

Thanks for a great day yesterday Magic!

NYDB

That's cool that they dropped the rope on Magician - from the top it looked pretty unskiable on Friday but I guess they were saving it for the weekend guests.

Where did the race on Black Line start? At the top? That cliff band above Link looked like it would be a bottleneck but maybe I'm thinking too conservatively about where you could have skied on it.

What race was going on? I forgot what race it was last year but the winners just straightlined and sent it off those ledges. You don't need snow if your skis aren't on the ground!

MMP

Didn't open up until enough sun warmed it up early afternoon. I always in favor of runs being open (with a warning sign or whatever) but this was pretty hairy even once it "softened up". Glad we got to ski it though.

Magician was great below broomstick and rough above. Hilariously rough. I’m fairly adept at skiing the snow where it is, but this was rocks or ice, and occasionally a spot to turn. Adventure skiing at its finest. I taught my kids to “aim for the snow” when they were growing up at MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYDB

Looks grim on the webcam. I'm guessing only snowmaking trails from this point forward? Especially with the temps through Friday and the additional kick to the nuts rain Friday?

So like 15 trails? Website says 42 trails expected 3/12.

GregoryIsaacs

oh. oops.

I WILL BE SEEKING A SIGNIFICANT REFUND FROM MAGIC FOR THE FOLLOWING;

A: BLACK NOT BEING COMPLETED
B: EARLY CLOSING

THESE CAPS SHOULD INDICATE HOW SERIOUS I AM.

Being someone with no relation to Magic Mountain.... go eat sand.

There are plenty of issues that MM will be facing in the coming months which are far more serious than your wallet.

KustyTheKlown

He’s a magic loyalist and regular being highly sarcastic bc some other people on this board (orca) are real pieces of dirt about this situation at other mountains, and others (sb87) being real dorks about the black chair at magic

GregoryIsaacs

He’s a magic loyalist and regular being highly sarcastic bc some other people on this board (orca) are real pieces of dirt about this situation at other mountains, and others (sb87) being real dorks about the black chair at magic

Lol good. I don’t think AZ has ever seen this much activity. Can’t even keep up at this point.

MMP

Lol good. I don’t think AZ has ever seen this much activity. Can’t even keep up at this point.

Relieved you’re back at ease. Whoever you are.

[emoji849][emoji533]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crazy

I have an unused Magic ticket that I'm not going to get to use, but I'm not going to complain. I'm more than happy to support a hardworking indie operation like Magic. Great people. Can't wait to come back next season.

KustyTheKlown

Yea I’ve got an unused 4pack. We were saving it for this coming weekend. Booked a house with a group of friends in early feb when we figured mid March was a safe bet. If magic wants to let us use them next season or calendar 2020, cool. If not, that’s ok too. I’m happy to donate $160 to magic.

MMP

yea i’ve got an unused 4pack. We were saving it for this coming weekend. Booked a house with a group of friends in early feb when we figured mid march was a safe bet. If magic wants to let us use them next season or calendar 2020, cool. If not, that’s ok too. I’m happy to donate $160 to magic.

CLASS ACTION????

That's 5 day tickets and i only have about 20 days on my pass!!!!!

Lets litigate!

BenedictGomez

Honestly, all mountains should honor 2019-2020 pre-paid tickets, lift ticket vouchers, etc... for next season.

Not only is it the right thing to do given this unprecedented situation, but it's the business savvy thing to do as well from both a customer service perspective & a customer retention perspective.

It will be interesting to see which mountains make that call, and which do not. IMO, the smarter, better run mountains will do it, the penny-wise-and-pound-foolish run mountains will not.

NYDB

Honestly, all mountains should honor 2019-2020 pre-paid tickets, lift ticket vouchers, etc... for next season.

Not only is it the right thing to do given this unprecedented situation, but it's the business savvy thing to do as well from both a customer service perspective & a customer retention perspective.

It will be interesting to see which mountains make that call, and which do not. IMO, the smarter, better run mountains will do it, the penny-wise-and-pound-foolish run mountains will not.

For pre xmas time period I would agree. If anyone was holding Magic vouchers at this point and they end up being honored next year they basically got lucky.