• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

rocks860

Rode up with several interesting people yesterday too, going up as a single is always interesting especially at magic. Rode up once with a guy who works there with a big red mustache and I feel like a jerk because I can’t remember his name, super nice guy. Rode up another time with one of the investors but never caught his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kleetus

Today was awesome! 3-4" of snow throughout the day was just enough to cover up the very firm base underneath in the woods and on the ungroomed. Steep woods even skied really well. Skied more like 6" than 3"

Picks of the day were Seance, Black Line, Twilight Zone, and the Hallows. Talli and Sorcerer were great too.

Green chair did it's thing handling the race, and red was pretty much ski on or a 1-5 chair wait. No wind to speak of really either.

Snow did change over to freezing drizzle and it started to fog in right before I left at 2:30, but snowed with good visibility otherwise.

Magic was my Plan B today due to the wind. Should have made it my Plan A all along! Glad to have gotten 2 great Magic days in so far this season.

Hats off, as always, to the Magic crew for all the efforts to improve the mountain and keep it viable for the future.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

rocks860

Today was awesome! 3-4" of snow throughout the day was just enough to cover up the very firm base underneath in the woods and on the ungroomed. Steep woods even skied really well. Skied more like 6" than 3"

Picks of the day were Seance, Black Line, Twilight Zone, and the Hallows. Talli and Sorcerer were great too.

Green chair did it's thing handling the race, and red was pretty much ski on or a 1-5 chair wait. No wind to speak of really either.

Snow did change over to freezing drizzle and it started to fog in right before I left at 2:30, but snowed with good visibility otherwise.

Magic was my Plan B today due to the wind. Should have made it my Plan A all along! Glad to have gotten 2 great Magic days in so far this season.

Hats off, as always, to the Magic crew for all the efforts to improve the mountain and keep it viable for the future.

Hallows was great yesterday as well, I think it’s my new favorite spot

makimono

Yes! that 3" was huge. Had pockets of fresh tracks all day, both my forearms are bruised from bashing saplings like gates but that's the price you pay for the goods I guess. :thumbup:

Tin

Dude you should post the whole series of pics...when I saw this last night I thought you were just standing on top of the waterfall, skiing it today I realize that's actually impossible. All those Bankman pics with the sunlight and the cave and the over-flight are awesome!

That cliff-area is actually Bankman's home. He only recently moved out of the tree and stopped making cookies. Was great seeing you fishtail around today!

MMP

That cliff-area is actually Bankman's home. He only recently moved out of the tree and stopped making cookies. Was great seeing you fishtail around today!

That’s hilarious.

KustyTheKlown

awesome day at magic yesterday. the 3-5" skied bigger in places.

first runs of the day were total first tracks on talisman and then on black line. the hallows and the wardrobe skied tremendously. voodoo and the woods next to green line were still untracked after 1 PM. just a great great magic day. no crowds even with the racers.

what a great place. my two magic days this year were the soft opening on november 23 with feet of fresh and i got the first chair of the season, and yesterday. great days.

RustyGroomer

TIN yesterday...
53630631_10219058467236258_687396012347621376_n.jpg

drjeff

awesome day at magic yesterday. the 3-5" skied bigger in places.

first runs of the day were total first tracks on talisman and then on black line. the hallows and the wardrobe skied tremendously. voodoo and the woods next to green line were still untracked after 1 PM. just a great great magic day. no crowds even with the racers.

what a great place. my two magic days this year were the soft opening on november 23 with feet of fresh and i got the first chair of the season, and yesterday. great days.
Ahh, so those were your tracks on Tali soon after opening bell! Me and my racer Dad friend I was skiing with yesterday had what looked to be 4th and 5th tracks down Tali yesterday morning. So much fun!

Black line, Scorcerer, lower Magician, and a bunch of trails who's names I just am not familiar with yesterday off the Green (which worked great for the race on Showoff!) were all just a blast.

My son getting up on stage for a race medal was the capper to a great day as well!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

yea i got pretty methodical with my lines yesterday. pretty much worked the mountain from west side to east side, starting with broomstick>black and then wizard>talisman. first chair on the red at 8:30 and first tracks down most west side trails. first down red line as well, which was awesome. skiied everything on the map and then some. normally at magic i head straight for the woods, but with the fresh + refills, the trails were skiing tremendously. i ended up taking a second lap thru the wardrobe at the end of the day, but otherwise, i just skied everything there is to ski at magic, once. had my 20k skied by 1 PM and was on the road by 1:30. stopped for a coffee in northampton, and was parking on my block in brooklyn at 6 PM. perfection.

RustyGroomer

Dude you should post the whole series of pics...when I saw this last night I thought you were just standing on top of the waterfall, skiing it today I realize that's actually impossible. All those Bankman pics with the sunlight and the cave and the over-flight are awesome!

i tried. Hate this site for pics.

Tails
7ADF9323-4A16-4830-8AE4-FD206384DB01.jpg

MG Skier

I meant to post yesterday, Magic on Sunday was worth every minute of the 3 hour drive for me including the "less skilled" drivers in the snow driving 35 on I-91 !!! I had my personal best day of the year skiing wise and even ventured onto a few trails I have never skied. Fresh snow was a bonus! It was much quieter than I expected.

Keep it up Magic!

RustyGroomer

Awesome couple of days for sure.

1st time skiing with this young ripper. So fun.

Attachments

• Noah3-19.jpg
    Noah3-19.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 215

JoeB-Z

From Magic Snow report: "For this week, we have a surprise opening on Friday–it will be a FREE FRIDAY SKI DAY open to all as we partner will Lycored (lycored.com) to offer a bonus free day of skiing and riding to everyone."

Sharp skis recommended. It looks unlikely that conditions will improve other than more grooming. They groomed the heck out of Talisman on Saturday.

JamaicaMan

From Magic Snow report: "For this week, we have a surprise opening on Friday–it will be a FREE FRIDAY SKI DAY open to all as we partner will Lycored (lycored.com) to offer a bonus free day of skiing and riding to everyone."

Sharp skis recommended. It looks unlikely that conditions will improve other than more grooming. They groomed the heck out of Talisman on Saturday.

Grooming and hopefully a little snow Thursday Joe!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

urungus

Hope some of you are out there enjoying the free day today.

I will be there tomorrow for the Spring Fling, which IMO is the funnest event of the year. Looking forward to checking out the 1st annual shovel race, never seen one of those before. Will the Sunshine Corner snow bar be open?