• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Ohio State Ski Club’s Trip to Aspen Didn’t Go Well

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
January 2, 2013 at 11:00am -

The Ohio State University Ski and Snowboard Club trip was headed for the slopes on Dec. 14 when one bus driver called 911 while driving through Indiana, reporting that he smelled marijuana on the bus, according to several reports.

Three buses were searched by a drug-sniffing dog and the Henry County Sheriff's office, resulting in the arrest of four men for felony drug possession charges. Of the 200 students on the trip, 15 were cited for misdemeanor possession of marijuana, and another 40 to 50 students were cited with a minor misdemeanor possession or consumption of alcohol, according to The Columbus Dispatch.
It also reported that LSD, hallucinogenic mushrooms in capsule form, $12,000 in cash and various forms of marijuana were found on the buses.

The majority of students on the trip attend OSU.

Twenty-year-old Liam McMahon of Columbus, 22-year-old Peter Banks of North Canton, 20-year-old Andrew Jefferies of North Canton and 18-year-old George Burke of Pittsburgh were all arrested on felony possession charges, according to multiple reports.

source: http://www.brobible.com/college/article/the-ohio-state-ski-club-drugs

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

This is why it should be legal, free county means legal to do what you want as long as it does not hurt some else. College students getting high not a shock, our laws are fucke* up!:thumbdown::(:thumbdown::thumbdown:

darent

That bus driver is an ass.
better being a live ass than a dead one, if they were smoking on the bus it means he was inhaling it, if it kept up he could have gotten stoned or fell asleep at the wheel causing a accident. really inconsiderate of the bus passengers.

Riverskier

better being a live ass than a dead one, if they were smoking on the bus it means he was inhaling it, if it kept up he could have gotten stoned or fell asleep at the wheel causing a accident. really inconsiderate of the bus passengers.

Are you serious???? The article doesn't even say whether they were smoking it, or he just smelled it on them. Regardless, that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a long time. A few whiffs of second hand pot smoke, and he is going to get stoned, pass out, crash the bus, and die? Seriously? There MAY be some arguments for calling police that I may give a small amount of credence too, but that is just insane.

twinplanx

Getting high from second hand smoke is nearly impossible... If he was locked in a phone booth with a bunch of stoners he may get some sort of "contact high". but on a tour bus, isn't that what the escape hatches are for? Maybe he couldn't get enough of that 12k pie to just deal with it...

ScottySkis

Unless the driver is inhale and holding it in he is not getting high. He is not just going to fall asleep if smoked , he might get tired but not falling a sleep like a shot of smack no that is Hollywood.:thumbdown:

gmcunni

based on what i read the bus driver didn't end up in jail so i'm guessing the students were the ones doing something wrong.

bobbutts

Smoking on the bus was a completely stupid mistake. The way I see it, the driver was at (small but real) risk of losing his job and/or facing police trouble if he were stopped. Even if it were mj was legal which I totally support, I'd never want it allowed inside a commercial bus. That's just dumb.

steamboat1

Smoking on the bus was a completely stupid mistake. The way I see it, the driver was at (small but real) risk of losing his job and/or facing police trouble if he were stopped. Even if it were mj was legal which I totally support, I'd never want it allowed inside a commercial bus. That's just dumb.

Yeah it's much better to have a bunch of drunks on board drinking legally.

ScottySkis

I have done that in the bathroom on a ski bus when I was younger. No one even knew because I had plastic window in there open and got to love good cologne.

skiNEwhere

This is why it should be legal, free county means legal to do what you want as long as it does not hurt some else.

I agree with that, to a point. Hard drugs like coke and heroin should be remain illegal because it is so addictive that once the user runs out of money to score more, they will turn to crime to get money, including assault and robbery.

ScottySkis

I agree with that, to a point. Hard drugs like coke and heroin should be remain illegal because it is so addictive that once the user runs out of money to score more, they will turn to crime to get money, including assault and robbery.

I am not a hard drug user but I know professional people who use coke on their weekend and are not stealing from anyone. Yes way to many people can or.have been addiction. But their plenty out there how are not addicted and you never hear about them because they live in public "normal lives".

Cornhead

Maybe it will get so smokey the driver can no longer see the road and crashes the bus. It is inconsiderate to anyone on the bus that doesn't want to smell it, shoulda made brownies...kids.

Or get one of these
magic-flight-vaporizer.jpg

Last edited: