• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This Saturday at Sugarbush

Lostone

Just a few notes on the pix from the K-zone:

1) I think you were referring to Spring Fling with the snow in the left of the group pic. Can't really pick out Moonshine, but it is just to the right of that. (Looking up.) You should try it when we're full open. It is a narrow, natural snow trail that everyone loves. (As is Twist, also, right next to it.)

B) The statue is of Allyn, of Allyn's Lodge, which is just beyond the top of the Super Bravo lift. (Did you have a chance to check that out? Neat lodge.) More info on Allyn and the statue here.

III) the shirts were a big hit! Bob, in the Adventure Gear shop told me people were going in, asking for them. At first, he had no idea what they were talking about, until some of y'all wandered thru.

d) Glad you had a great time. We think a lot of Sugarbush and the valley. It is a great place to ski and a great place to be.

Even a great place to be better... here. :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Glad you had a great time. We think a lot of Sugarbush and the valley. It is a great place to ski and a great place to be.

Even a great place to be better... here. :lol:

The Killington refugees should really try Sugarbush and MRG midwinter. I ski Killington from time to time and there is some great skiing there. Admittedly, I don't know of any of the hidden stuff at K, but from an on-map terrain standpoint, Killington can't hold a candle to either SB or MRG. Consider the mellow laid back vibe of the MRV, which I prefer at this point in my life, and there's no comparison. At a 4 hour drive, it requires an overnight though. If I was within 3 hours, I'd day trip up to the MRV almost exclusively.