• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

town of Steamboat question

SkiingInABlueDream

About 10 years ago I ate at a steakhouse in Steamboat whose gimmick was that the customers cooked their own meals. There was literally a grilling station in the middle of the dining room. They'd bring your raw steak chicken or whatever to the grill where you cooked it yourself, then when you were done they brought the rest of your meal (sides and stuff, which they prepared) to the table.

Question is does anybody remember the name of this place?

JDMRoma

I ate there last year..thinking😄 it was pretty cool !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jimk

Google says it's 8th Street Steakhouse. Never been there, but in Jan 2012 I dined on steaks at the Ore House at Pine Grove, not far from the base of the slopes at Steamboat. Our selections included NY Strip, Black’nd Rib Eye, and a bacon wrapped center cut filet with crab meat and béarnaise. Let me tell you, good ole’ red meat never tasted so good. BUT it wasn't grill your own.

JDMRoma

I googled it, 8th street Steakhouse is it

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

RENO

I've seen several places like that across Colorado. We walked in one of them without knowing this and when they told us we just walked out. The prices were ridiculous and you had to cook your own meat? I just wanted to eat and relax. If I was gonna cook it myself I would get it for far cheaper at the market and go back to the house we were renting and cook it! :lol:

gorgonzola

I was there few years ago and you select your steak from a deli counter. the person behind the counter would ask how you like it (rare, med, etc.) and give you a time for each side based on the cut. Season, grab a drink, watch the clock next to the grill and perfection! I think I had an elk steak, so good!

JDMRoma

Yes definitely a touristy thing to do but it was fun and yes they did tell you how long to cook it.....not hard !
Id go back again......if I ever get back to Steamboat !

Domeskier

Sounds kind of like a Korean barbeque joint. Except there the grills are built into the tables. I usually make them cook my food in the kitchen.