• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fritz Walther and Tamarack Grill at Burke Mountain Unite

AlpineZone News

Skiing News
Website
www.alpinezone.com
EAST BURKE, Vermont -- The Tamarack Grill at Burke Mountain announces today that renowned chef, Fritz Walther, will host a specialty dinner at the Tamarack Grill on January 15th, 2008.

For 29 years, Chef Walther was owner/chef of the Old Cutter Inn, in East Burke, VT. Over that time, Fritz developed a major following of regular guests and the Old Cutter Inn became a landmark associated with the ski area. The restaurant was well known for such signature dishes as Rahmschnitzel, Chateaubriand, Stuffed Rainbow Trout, and Tournedoes of Beef "Old Cutter Inn".

"I'm just delighted to be able to return to the kitchen for such a special occasion," said Fritz. "I've missed it. I look forward to this night and to preparing meals for some of my old customers, many of whom became my friends over the years. I'm thrilled, this is very exciting."

In addition to hosting the January 15th dinner, Chef Walther is sharing some of his signature dishes with the Tamarack. The Tamarack will unveil some new menu items in January which will include such Old Cutter Inn mainstays as the Tournedoes of Beef "Old Cutter Inn", the Fritz Burger, and the Grand Marnier soufflés.

Steve Grimes, executive chef at the Tamarack, indicated it would be an honor to spend time in the kitchen with Chef Walther in the kitchen. "Fritz personifies professionalism and class. His success with the Old Cutter is a testament to his skill and his love of cooking good food. Fritz is truly what a chef should be."

The January 15th dinner will be an intimate setting capped at 60 people on the dining side of the restaurant, with reservations gradually dispersed throughout the evening. Chef Walther will be serving an a la carte menu featuring some of his prized dishes from the Old Cutter Inn. Reservations may be made by calling 802.626.7390. On the pub side, the Tamarack Grill will also be serving a special Old Cutter-influenced menu for walk-ins, featuring bratwurst and the Fritz Burger.

Two chefs of this caliber collaborating in the same venue is extraordinary in northern Vermont indicated Jason Palmer, food & beverage manager at Burke Mountain. "Fritz and Steve are exceptional culinarians – each approaches food with great care and clear love. No question, it'll be a great night up here at the mountain."