• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tremblant and traveling

crippity

Crank,
Black and white: If you have cannibis you must declare it and they can take it. If going to go over gummies, pen, fine but dont bring flower. No need. Just buy when there. Asterik. you will be fine with flower but why bother with any, its all there over border

abc

you really should take passports. it is a different country
Funny you post this!

So many people didn’t realize that! Canadians really annoyed by it.

Just because the 2 countries are friendly doesn’t change the fact it’s a different COUNTRY

crank

Crank,
Black and white: If you have cannibis you must declare it and they can take it. If going to go over gummies, pen, fine but dont bring flower. No need. Just buy when there. Asterik. you will be fine with flower but why bother with any, its all there over border
Thanks. Good to know.

Last time I drove to Canada I did smuggle some weed in. Last year we flew to Calgary and just bought in Banff.

crank

update/report.

Entering CAN via car NY87. This took about 1 minute and 3 questions.

Exiting CAN, entering U.S. spent and hour and a half waiting in slow line at border from noon to 1:30. Maybe agents were out to lunch?
Just show passports and answer where were your and where are you from.

Easy. Nobody is looking too hard for weed or other contraband.

KustyTheKlown

they arent looking but i certainly wouldnt carry it, especially back into the usa. and im very suspect of this 'fine to bring weed just declare it' talk.

2Planker

update/report.

Entering CAN via car NY87. This took about 1 minute and 3 questions.

Exiting CAN, entering U.S. spent and hour and a half waiting in slow line at border from noon to 1:30. Maybe agents were out to lunch?
Just show passports and answer where were your and where are you from.

Easy. Nobody is looking too hard for weed or other contraband.
?? You can buy weed everywhere in Quebec, right over the border

KustyTheKlown

i tend to bring a vape pen and cartridge for the first night and day of skiing and then visit my friendly SQDC as soon as im off the slopes day 1

crank

SQDC had terrible selection of edibles. Plenty of flower. We bought a pre roll and some vape back.

Not right over the border by any means but certainly not out of the way when headed to Tremblant.

It is not legal to carry weed across.

BodeMiller1

Same going into Canada, they want to tax it and make sure it's not laced. I don't know butt I've been told - Montreal has fallen.

Edd

Anyone crossed into Canada at the I91 point in Derby, VT? A couple of friends of mine did in January and swear a sign stated that you can bring cannabis into Quebec if you claim it. I cannot find anything online to support this claim. I really wish they’d taken a pic of this sign but they swear they saw it and they were sober 🤣.

Mainer

I crossed by Newport twice this year. No problem getting in to Canada. But going back they checked our coolers for chicken and pig products. Just came back from the Virgin Islands. The big deal was pig products, had my sandwiches thrown out because they had salami on them. I had a couple gummies in a bag next to sandwiches, he looked at them and said nothing. It’s the food products they are really looking for.

MidnightJester

So going to try on round two and make it to Tremblant. Have a paper interim enhanced license to use. It's wishy washy but seems you can use it while waiting on new full photo id. Bringing every other ID just incase.

Might be decent chance of Snow this Sunday and Monday.

MidnightJester

Looks like the Northeast, Mont-Tremblant and Montreal is a go with the SNOWSTORM this weekend : ) Anyone else considering Tremblant for this weekend Storm on Sunday/Monday??

Does anyone have any extra unused IKON Buddy/Friends discount tickets for Tremblant that they wont be using this year?

Last edited: