• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Utah News Station Interviews Only Ski Resort Owner Who Does Not Believe in Climate Change

thetrailboss

Staff member
You gotta love local news. The main story was the impact of climate change on Utah skiing. But the resort owner they met did not read the script....

And it seems odd that a ski area marketing director is on vacation in Florida right now. I would think he would be pretty busy trying to, um, market ski season.

ThatGuy

He says he doesn’t believe in climate change then described climate change. What a bright guy.

"I’m not sure I buy into long-term climate change, but I’m old enough to have seen the climate change up and down my entire life”

FBGM

I like how that guy says his new snowmaking equipment can make snow at 10° warmer or whatever. As the picture is of a 10 year old SMI fan gun. Water freezes at 32° bud. That hasn’t changed with climate change

IceEidolon

That's a current model of fan, though - the Super Puma is the newest SMI fan around and it is good in marginal. Without knowing what the old guns were - SMI 320s or maybe a York Waterstick system - they may actually get a 10 degree gain in start temp.