• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vote for Utah ski bus

ss20

I am not talking up on the hill to prevent. I am talking about at the tracks. They use them all the time in Europe. They make a small shelter over the tracks so the snow passes over. Your Gondi would be out on wind days. Even days with no snow. The wind can whip up that canyon on clear days as well as storm days.

Wind would be a non-issue. The 3S gondola proposed has 3 cables for a ton of stability.

Quick wiki search landed me on the Whistler Blackomb Peak-to-Peak 3s gondola...

The Peak 2 Peak Gondola has a number of unique safety systems beyond what a normal ski lift features. The gondola has high wind stability and is designed to operate in winds up to 80 km/h. Whistler-Blackcomb has called the Peak 2 Peak Gondola the most wind tolerant lift on Whistler Blackcomb. Testing at other Doppelmayr 3S installations have measured sustained winds at 120 km/h (75 mph) with no decrease in performance.

FBGM

Hey don't mess with that beautiful golf course:)
View attachment 26982

There is a giant gravel pit and eyesore that is even closer to the mouth of BCC. Build your transit village there. It's to the right in this photo. Old Mill GC is beyond it out of sight on the other side of Wasatch BLVD.
View attachment 26984

That gravel pit is not going anywhere. Where do you think all the material is coming from to do whatever this gondola road tunnel idea happens. That pit for Morgan and Granite is worth more then you could imagine and still had lots of life left in it.

Old Mill used to be the same type of pit. Now reclaimed into golf course. They should just keep the back 9 and make the front 9 parking cuz that’s all that front 9 is good for.