• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VT Ski House Openings for 2015-2016 Season?

Kleetus

After being a devoted member of the dawn patrol for the last few years, putting tens of thousands of extra miles on my car commuting to and from the mountains in VT each weekend, and playing the short notice hotel room game chasing storms, I'm thinking about exploring a slot in a group seasonal ski house rental. I haven't seen anything on here really about group ski houses, so thought it would be good to see if anyone on here has any info or interest.

Everywhere I went this past winter, it seems I would ride up the lift with at least a few people that were renting out a room for the season somewhere nearby and splitting the cost with other people (family/friends/total strangers). I have done some research online on this and haven't come up with much, but am probably looking in the wrong places. Most of the prices the people were paying were pretty reasonable and way cheaper than the hotel route, even if going up for a couple weekends (granted in some cases they were splitting the cost with a lot of people).

I know if you get into to some ski club's they have ski houses you can stay at. I may end up going that route but thought I would see if anyone on here is in on a group ski house rental with slots open for the upcoming season. Or if anybody is interested in trying to get a group together to look into seasonal rentals I would be interested in that too. Ideally looking for somewhere from Killington north in VT, but really would be open to anything.

vonski

Check the www.skimrv.com site. There usually is a couple openings for a couple houses at Sugarbush each year. Treeskier is the name of one of the guys who usually ends up with a couple openings each year.

Last edited:

bigbob

Killington Zone has a shares, rentals section on their website.

gmcunni

there is a guy who usually posts here every September, a beautiful house in MRV that seems to always need a person or 2

Kleetus

As always AZ has delivered! Have a few leads thanks to the info posted on here! I guess I wasn't looking hard enough.