• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 12/12/06

Zand

Date(s) Skied: 12/12/06

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett Mountain, MA

Conditions: WET PS early, LSGR late

Trip Report:

3rd day of the season ended up being the best so far. No crowd and much better conditions than the first 2 days. Weather was mild, wind was down, and it was a very good night.

Conifer: Kinda scraped in the middle, but there was plenty of loose stuff to the sides. Still, a lot better than last weekend. Polar Express was in full speed and was ski-on the whole night.

Ralph's: Best run of the day. Had to enter at the road from Look Mom, but no loss besides about 100 feet of flat trail. It's about half covered most of the way, but the conditions on it were excellent the entire way. Only problem is the thin cover in most places that I don't think will survive tomorrow. I hope it does though.

Challenger: Also a very good run, especially early. Later on, it got a bit scraped but it was still good in most places. Definitely skied like a race trail tonight.

Look Mom: Good early on, but was the most scraped towards the end of the day. Snowboarders still have the box near the end which was getting a lot of use. Minuteman was faster than over the weekend, but I don't think it was at 100% speed.

So, a good day 3. Hopefully the snow survives the rain tomorrow. I should have another report before or during the weekend.