• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weather for weekend Aprils 5th and 6th. Moisture on the way.Will it be bad North VT?

MidnightJester

Stalking the weather for last runs to North VT. Minimize bad possibilities for group by going as north as possible. Jaypeak on Sat and Stowe on Sunday. Gotta go reguardless cause mountain conditions are on rocky edge and about to go downhill fast. Jay and Stowe are still 100% open and should be the same this weekend or close to it. not to sure of rest of mountains. DO you think this weekend will be close to as good as last weekend. Dosent seem like they are gonna get as much cold help to fight warm moisture. Will they with elevation get the snow effect or the bad wet drops?

skiur

The best skiing of the year is just starting, outside of a dry powder day, what beats spring bumps?

Savemeasammy

The Saturday forecast looks sketchy. I'm glad to live within striking distance of everything in NH/VT so that I can just play it by ear. Skiing will happen, but the "where" is tbd.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

MidnightJester

I wish the ride was shorter for us. WE are facing a 400 mile drive each way and 6 hours of driving aprox each way. This is the last weekend maybe one more that North VT will be fully open.. Uggggggggggggggggg. Lookming like possible rain all the way to north VT on Friday late night till Saturday. There is less moisture then last weekend coming but less cold up north to fight it.

dlague

According to Accuweather it seems harmless on Satruday in Northern VT 0.13 inches

Savemeasammy

According to Accuweather it seems harmless on Satruday in Northern VT 0.13 inches

NOAA has freezing r@!n changing to sleet at elevation up there. Hopefully that changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnt

Yeah, I am in the same boat. Decided to bail based on weather.

If you go, hope it works out for you. Sunday looks like the better day.

4aprice

From what I can decifer. Saturday morning is the one blemish in what should be a weekend of improving weather. Can live with a late start Saturday go till 5 and all day Sunday.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

drjeff

I figure with a relatively speaking limited number of days left in my season, I'm hitting the hill early Saturday regardless of the weather! After skiing all day in the rain/drizzle/freezing rain last Sunday, I know my Gore-tex can handle a little bit of potentially inclement weather Saturday AM!

MidnightJester

I figure with a relatively speaking limited number of days left in my season, I'm hitting the hill early Saturday regardless of the weather! After skiing all day in the rain/drizzle/freezing rain last Sunday, I know my Gore-tex can handle a little bit of potentially inclement weather Saturday AM!

That is what we are facing as well. Hoping to make the best of the weekend. Now just have to finish talking up this trip to make sure friends go. Its a $400 round trip that need 3-5 to make it work well. 4 is the good number. By myself too much to go ride for 2 days. This is the weekend for us to finish off most our Ski VT passes.

dlague

Yeah, I am in the same boat. Decided to bail based on weather.

If you go, hope it works out for you. Sunday looks like the better day.

Unfortunately, Sundays are my son's Lacrosse Scrimmage days as well as regular season days come May. So Saturdays are go time! Although, this Sunday's game is at 8:30am a town away from Ragged so........hmmmmmm!

MidnightJester

For current best conditions this is "IT" unless a cold dump comes a week down the road. They are looking at inch plus of warm rain after this weekend : (. Just hold off from sunday is the hope. JAY and STOWE should reward if their coverage is to be believed. The are they best in VT it seems. Thanks to their position and height they gained this past weekend both coverage and amounts compared to everyone else losing some if not a bunch.

Last edited:

steamboat1

We'll be at BMMC this weekend, I'll probably ski Sat. for a bit, maybe not, depends on weather. Bringing my non skiing wife along this weekend, shopping in Manchester will be the order of the day Sun. on the way down. Couldn't care less, heading back up Tues. thru the next weekend to ski myself (Da Boy'z will be up Fri.). Going to adventure around a little during the week. Hanging with friends & enjoying the company is my priority this weekend. Still plenty of time to ski.

Last edited:

tnt

Jay has great deals on the new stateside BTW...