• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Thread - May 27 - 30

Cannonball

Fri - work from home. Hiking & safety check in Watching reservation after work.
Sat - Clean/Clay the XC60, beer drinking and I think I'm gonna smoke something. Leaning towards brisket.
Sun - Banking points that will help me obtain my goal of 50 ski days for 11/12.
Mon - Relaxing, might smoke up something...ribs and sausage sound good.

I'm probably going to smoke something all four days

HD333

MTB ride Friday AM. Followed by an exploratory interview in the afternoon. Surprise 50th bday party for an OLD friend.
Sat - Honey Do list then bringing the Orion full of ribs to a friends for an all night party with kids tent sleeping.
Sunday MTB ride chill with kiddos maybe a hike with the mutt.
Monday - Cook out with the family at my folks. Possible Orion again for more ribs.

gmcunni

Nice long weekend, hopefully the weather is good in the NE.

What's everybody up to?

me -
Softball Friday + Sunday
Pile of mulch in the driveway needs to be spread
maybe local parade on Sunday afternoon
BBQ + Beer

forgot - going to see Hangover 2 at some point.

snoseek

I somehow managed to get sunday off. The rest of the weekend just plain suck. I'll admit I hate these threads because in all reality I'll probably only have a half-dozen days off between now and mid september and will be pulling 70 plus hour weeks. I swear this is the last summer I'm going to do this....

Glenn

I somehow managed to get sunday off. The rest of the weekend just plain suck. I'll admit I hate these threads because in all reality I'll probably only have a half-dozen days off between now and mid september and will be pulling 70 plus hour weeks. I swear this is the last summer I'm going to do this....

That's a bummer. What kind of work are you doing for the summer?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I completely forgot this was even a long weekend until a coworker told me yesterday when I was getting a cup of coffee. I got so excited!

snoseek

That's a bummer. What kind of work are you doing for the summer?

Chef at a multi outlet private CC. Summer is a big sacrifice but I will ski 100+ days next winter because of it. I really think this is it for me and clubs.

WWF-VT

Headed to VT. Barbecues planned with friends on Saturday and Sunday. Will spend some time fishing in the Mad River and hiking Mt Ellen.

mlctvt

Sat- 7am 50-60 mile fast road ride. Wash/claybar/wax /detail 3 cars, 3pm BBQ/party, try not to drink too much.

Sun- 10am club ride 45 miles, finish the car detailing. power wash the deck and porches, Home BBQ with my wife.

Monday- Long road ride 65-75 miles, rest on the deck.

Last edited:

Glenn

Chef at a multi outlet private CC. Summer is a big sacrifice but I will ski 100+ days next winter because of it. I really think this is it for me and clubs.

Gotcha. But the payoff is skiing a lot in the winter!

4aprice

Since the forecast has changed significantly, Red Neck Yacht Clubbing. maybe a ski if the waters warm enough and the traffic isn't too bad, tennis, drinking, safety meetings galore and breaking the diet for the holiday weekend. Spring (my down time between skiing and boating) flew by this year.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

bigbog

Quiet but pretty good....
Yesterday spent with ex-fellow_workmates(GOODtime people from NH, MA) in a hike-paddle-cookout up on and at the base of a few smaller mtns up here. Fortunately beaver ponds were in between a bunch of smaller mtns which steered the T-showers around us.
Just a hike Monday....**That didn't materialize...;-)

Last edited:

4aprice

That was as good a Memorial Day Weekend as I've seen in quite a while. Didn't get to do quite everything (didn't get enough tennis in or a ski because of traffic) but you can't ask for better weather and a fast start to the summer season. The lake was hopping this weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ