• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you eating for lunch today???

gmcunni

I was never a fan of leftover Chinese food, not as good reheated the second day.

i disagree. some foods are actually better the next day (chicken parm for example). chinese, for me, is good next day as long as rice isn't involved. rice tends to get dried out quickly in the fridge.

o3jeff

i disagree. some foods are actually better the next day (chicken parm for example). chinese, for me, is good next day as long as rice isn't involved. rice tends to get dried out quickly in the fridge.

Don't you get rice with all your chinese food? I usually get a combo platter that comes with rice so maybe thats why I don't enjoy it the second time.

bvibert

Staff member
Our local place gives us rice in a separate container when we get chicken and broccoli (which is almost every time).

o3jeff

Our local place gives us rice in a separate container when we get chicken and broccoli (which is almost every time).

I actually like going to the chinese buffet that we have in town, great variety and they also have a softserve ice cream machine for dessert and they let you use it yourself so you can see how high you can dispense the ice cream into your bowl/cup

gmcunni

same here, just seems like the rice dries out very quickly, even in a separate container. but nuking it with the sauce from the chick & brocc usually does the trick.

bvibert

Staff member
same here, just seems like the rice dries out very quickly, even in a separate container. but nuking it with the sauce from the chick & brocc usually does the trick.

I'm not a big rice fan anyway. I usually just put a little in to soak up some of the sauce. Most times I don't have leftovers, so it's really a moot point for me anyway. :oops:

bvibert

Staff member
I actually like going to the chinese buffet that we have in town, great variety and they also have a softserve ice cream machine for dessert and they let you use it yourself so you can see how high you can dispense the ice cream into your bowl/cup

We have a few of those in town too, I haven't been in a while though. I recently visited one by work for lunch though. It was pretty good. Buffets are dangerous for me though. By the time I got to the ice cream I was pretty full... But I still had some!